If I gave my ipod to my sister...

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Could she use it on her computer without any problems?

How does the process of switching owners work? I assume it wouldn't let her keep the songs that I had on it. Will her itunes ask her if she wants to delete the ipod and have it linked with her itunes?

I ask because I recieved an ipod shuffle from work with my name engraved on the back, but I already had bought the new shuffle a few weeks ago. I figured I would keep the new one since it has my name on it, and I would like to givemy first shuffle to my sister if thats possible.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    dentondenton Posts: 725member
    iTunes on her computer ought to say something like, 'This iPod is linked to a library on another computer, would you like to link it to the library on this computer.' Select 'yes', and your sister will be ready to go.

The only problem that you may encounter is if the iPod has been formatted on your Mac and your sister is using a PC. If this is the case, she may have to reformat the iPod using the iPod installer -- more likely, Windows may prompt you that the external disk is not formatted, and would you like to do so now? -- again, click yes. Once Windows has its go, iTunes ought to be able to handle the rest.