Help! Macbook is acting weird...

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hello. I've noticed that my sister's macbook has been acting up on her while she's using it. Whenever she's surfing the web or working on her macbook, the macbook screen goes black/blank for a second and than comes back to life. The weird thing is, her finger is always on the mouse pad moving the arrow icon. The other problem that I've noticed is that the macbook goes into a deep sleep mode and does not come back to ready mode. I have to restart the computer all over again. Just curious, but has anyone experienced something like this on their macbook? What will apple do? Will apple replace her macbook with a new one? Any feedback helping with this matter will greatly be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dctalk523

Hello. I've noticed that my sister's macbook has been acting up on her while she's using it. Whenever she's surfing the web or working on her macbook, the macbook screen goes black/blank for a second and than comes back to life. The weird thing is, her finger is always on the mouse pad moving the arrow icon.

What is the display sleep set to? See if setting it to never helps but you're right, moving the mouse should keep it on.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dctalk523

The other problem that I've noticed is that the macbook goes into a deep sleep mode and does not come back to ready mode. I have to restart the computer all over again. Just curious, but has anyone experienced something like this on their macbook? What will apple do? Will apple replace her macbook with a new one? Any feedback helping with this matter will greatly be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

All the machines have firmware updates that are supposed to fix wake issues. Here's the Macbook one:

http://www.apple.com/support/downloa...eupdate10.html