Anybody else having problems with .mac mail?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
My mail is suddenly asking for my password over and over and over agian and will not connect.

I can't use the mail through the browser either. is this my problem or is this a general problem with .mac mail today?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Actually I am now able to get there using the browser, but still not the mail client with the same password . . . .?!

now suddenly it works . . . .

anybody else experience that glitsch?
  • Reply 2 of 7
    It usually does that to me every now and then. But it's rare.

I just know I shouldn't have been suckered in to buying it ;[
  • Reply 3 of 7
    areseearesee Posts: 776member
    Off and on again for several months now.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pfflam

My mail is suddenly asking for my password over and over and over agian and will not connect.

I can't use the mail through the browser either. is this my problem or is this a general problem with .mac mail today?

My problem is that it is too bloddy expensive. $100 a year for an email with problems? No way! Just get a Gmail account and forget .mac.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Taken from my favorite .Mac Feature, the System Status for the last 30 days.

Quote:

12/09/2006

EMail was slow for 1 hour to some .Mac Members.

12/07/06

4% of members experienced difficulties with .Mac Mail for 12 hours.

I don't suppose you were one of those 4% were you?
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slewis

Taken from my favorite .Mac Feature, the System Status for the last 30 days.

I don't suppose you were one of those 4% were you?

That stupid system status page is full of LIES!

I can't remember a single time in which it actually reported a problem with mail when I was having problems.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by audiopollution

That stupid system status page is full of LIES!

I can't remember a single time in which it actually reported a problem with mail when I was having problems.

Well it's my favorite feature because it gives the appearence that Apple knows about each and every flaw with .Mac, when in reality if they knew about every flaw they wouldn't need it because they would've fixed all of those problems instead of repeating "4% on this day" or "1% that day" and thus comforts some users who might think Apple is being honest about it and giving .Mac really good feedback so I won't have to view threads about Address Book contacts being deleted when 99% of the Mac world has it.

They really need to fix these Server issues though... -_-

Sebastian