Comparison of operating temperature of MacBook Pro with similar PCs...

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hi all,

I am a potential switcher and I have been following this forum for quite sometime. I am on the verge of deciding but there is still a question I am seeking an answer for before I make my decision and order.

I know that there existed an overheating problem with MacBook Pro Core Duo 1. I heard that overheating is not as bad with Core Duo 2. I also heard that use of some fan control software helps too. I was wondering how the heat MacBookPro produces compares to Core Duo 2 Pcs notebooks with similar configuration. I will appreciate if you can share yoour experiences on this issue.

Thanks a bunch...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    My week-old MacBook Pro C2D 15" (2.16GHz) gets slightly warm on the bottom during normal use. Not hot. I rest it on my bare legs or jeans without noticing it. If I peg both cores for an extended period of time, it gets significantly warmer, but not enough to worry about taking it off my lap. Maybe on a hot day that would be annoying, I dunno.

My work-provided Dell Latitude 610 is as hot on the lap at idle as my MBP is at full gait.

I'm assuming you're referring to issues with the previous model Core Duo MBPs, where the system enclosure gets hot. If you mean an actual CPU overheating situation then I've got no idea.