Macbook Pro Cooling Solutions

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
i'm looking to buy a laptop cooling fan for my c2d mbpro mainly because i game alot (wow, wc3, cs) and was wondering if you guys had any suggestions. i just want a fan that will keep it cool, not scratch the chasis, look good, and maybe double as a usb hub (but that doesnt really matter). thanks

ps. what do you guys think of this one? http://www.spirecoolers.com/acc.asp?ProdID=85 it seems like it might work and ive read good reviews but the mbpro vents are in the back so would it push the hot air backinto the machine making it hotter?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    I use something like what you found. It blows air under the machine, cooling the back panel and thus sucking heat away form the machine. The machine itself pulls air in throughh the left side and pushes it out the back. Basically, lifting the machine off the table is the first and most important step to cooling it, followed by increased airflow over the machine.

Edited for typos.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    I suggest you also have a look at this one: zalman
  • Reply 3 of 4
    are you currently using the zalman? would u recommend a black or silver for mbpro
  • Reply 4 of 4
    I'm not using it, no, but I'm seriously considering getting one. I find it's functionality and design very appealing. Love the usb ports on it, which would allow me to leave all my stuff connected to it, while I take my MacBook with me. Also of interest it the option to adjust the fan speed.