Lazor Engraving!

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
you creative bunch you...



im curious to know what ingenious sayings you guys and gals have slapped on the backs of your pods.



im thinking this is a new topic and a breath of fresh air from blurays and headless macs, but if this forum topic has been done before i should be excommunicated for acting like microsoft and copying another's idea late in the game. (i really dont feel that strongly about M$ its just so much fun chyming in with all of the insults).

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 10
    irelandireland Posts: 17,669member
    Here's a tip, if your iPod has no ingraving, it will have a higher resale value. If you don't care, or have the money not to, then engrave what ya want.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,422member
    when i was at atlantic city boadwalk, i was in a store where some dude was trying to sell a mini and a clickwheel ipod, for 25 and 35 bucks, to the store clerk. ooooooo i had to put my cents in, i looked at them and one had a girls name and other blank. the store clerk said this one is hot this larger ipod i could buy. no name, it's game. so all 9 of the ipods i bought this christmas had names, not just "i love you" and i added a phone number e.g. christie 123-345=3443 so it might be returned or less likely end up at that boadwalk tee shirt shop. so i put a name, rather than a saying. i offered 45 for the larger ipod but felt sooooo dirty backed out and scolded the seller and the store clerk saying i hope your boss doesn't find out you buy hot stuff and jeopardize his business. he backed off and didn't buy anything. but i felt sick that a $300 or more ipod was going for $35 and it was full of someone elses music. ipods are soooo personal that it's like wearing somtone elses underclothing. i just couldn't hurt cheryl (the girls name on the pink mini) any more.



    there is the other side, if you are considering selling it later then not having an engraving makes sense, i don't sell my older ipods i connect them to another stereo in the house. and use them for backups
  • Reply 3 of 10
    NOFEER maybe she dumped him and it was something he had bought her?



    Ireland... this must be the closest ive seen you come to being negative about something GO ON tell us what you would put on the back of the iphone!!! and not just HELLO



    although... i can just see it now.. on the back of the iphone someone will have LAZER engraved "Hello from Seattle" that might be funny for 6 seconds... but.. oh hell as long as it wasnt MINE yeah thats pretty funny
  • Reply 4 of 10
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    <spellingNazi>It's laSEr, not laZOr. The word comes from the acronym Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation. The word isn't generally treated as an acronym anymore, typically being spelled in all lowercase.</spellingNazi>



    The back of my iPod is engraved with "E pur si muove". I had another with the same engraving, and had no trouble selling it at a decent price on eBay.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shetline


    <spellingNazi>It's laSEr, not laZOr. The word comes from the acronym Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation. The word isn't generally treated as an acronym anymore, typically being spelled in all lowercase.</spellingNazi>



    The back of my iPod is engraved with "E pur si muove". I had another with the same engraving, and had no trouble selling it at a decent price on eBay.



    Just when I thought spelling errors on AI couldn't get any worse... Lazor?



    I'll say it here first, our military might is hopelessly misdirected. Although I am a Libertarian, I would love to see America commit to a full-on assault on the state of our educational institutions with the best trained mathematicians, physicists, physical educators, historians, business people, artists, musicians and real-world success stories alive today.



    Now there's a topic for debate.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    There are also (lesser known) MASERs.



    MASER: Microwave Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation



    And here is a list of types of LASERs.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich


    I'll say it here first, our military might is hopelessly misdirected. Although I am a Libertarian, I would love to see America commit to a full-on assault on the state of our educational institutions with the best trained mathematicians, physicists, physical educators, historians, business people, artists, musicians and real-world success stories alive today.



    Now there's a topic for debate.



    you what son?
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mbaynham


    you what son?



    Eh? What? Hmm?
  • Reply 9 of 10
    dentondenton Posts: 725member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich


    There are also (lesser known) MASERs.



    MASER: Microwave Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation



    And here is a list of types of LASERs.



    And don't forget the TASER: Thomas A. Swift's Electric Rifle -- I shit you not! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electroshock_gun
Sign In or Register to comment.