Uninstall Connect 360

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
How do I uninstall Connect 360 (the program that you use to stream media to an Xbox 360). It isn't an application and I cant find any documentation on how to do it at their website. The only place where I can see that I have it installed is in system preferences. How would I uninstall this program?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Um, try Utilities, or if you had to use UNIX to configure it, just undo what you did to install it. Try finding it first in Spotlight though...

Sebastian
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slewis

Um, try Utilities, or if you had to use UNIX to configure it, just undo what you did to install it. Try finding it first in Spotlight though...

Sebastian

I'm sorry but I'm new to OS X (like 2 weeks new) and don't know what that means...
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Sorry, I thought you were one with more experience then I (recent switcher as well)

I just downloaded the .dmg to try and find the problem, the extension is .prefpane so that could pose a problem as I never had to delete one of those, actually I never even installed one of those.

Open up the Finder, and go to the Search Box. Type in the Connect360 until you see it, I saw it organized under System Preferences. Click and Drag .prefpane into the Trash and empty that. It should disappear from your search, look at your System Preferences to check.

Sebastian
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slewis

Sorry, I thought you were one with more experience then I (recent switcher as well)

I just downloaded the .dmg to try and find the problem, the extension is .prefpane so that could pose a problem as I never had to delete one of those, actually I never even installed one of those.

Open up the Finder, and go to the Search Box. Type in the Connect360 until you see it, I saw it organized under System Preferences. Click and Drag .prefpane into the Trash and empty that. It should disappear from your search, look at your System Preferences to check.

Sebastian

Sweet thanks Ill try to uninstall it when I have time (finals going on right now) and Ill post results after I do it
  • Reply 5 of 8
    OK Good luck then
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Did the Connect 360 not work? I'm looking to buy an Xbox in Jan and I'd love to be able to stream my music.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    If you control click the connect 360 icon in your system preferences pane it'll give you the option to remove it. This is the same for any user added prefpanes.

hth

Cheers

Dan

btw - Connect360 works fine I use it a lot although browsing your music using the 360 music player isn't very intuitive
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Connect 360 works fine , but I found out the other day that VUZE also did it pretty well, and its free!

For Videos that is , I didnt try it out for Music , but i'm pretty it would work just as well