Cinema Display, 22" Dvi, no image

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi,

I just purchased a 22" apple cinema display, LCD m5662, off of ebay. It has a cord that splits into 3 connectors, one usb, one that goes to the power adapter, and one that goes to the dvi slot on the video card. The on/off light on the bottom of the display lights up when everything is plugged up, there is just no image. The seller swears that the display worked when it left his shop, so before I go to battle with him, I want to make sure there isn't something I'm overlooking. If it helps, I have a dual 2.0 g5.

thanks in advance,

DJ

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    I have the same display and connection. Are you booting the computer from the power button on the computer. The power button on the display will not do it with the adapter cables you have. Turning on the computer should automatically power up the display after a short period of time.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    yes, I'm booting from the power button on the computer. The light on the display comes on, but no image, even after waiting quite a while. I've also tried switching monitors while being bootd up to see if I could force a handshake between the display and computer...but no luck. Any other ideas?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Endymion

I have the same display and connection. Are you booting the computer from the power button on the computer. The power button on the display will not do it with the adapter cables you have. Turning on the computer should automatically power up the display after a short period of time.