This really is of no importance...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
...but does anyone know what brand PC Apple use for writing Quicktime/iTunes for Windoze? I assume nowadays it's a Mac with Bootcamp but it can't have always been that way (although didn't SJ say that every version of OS X from Ceetah has been running on Intel).

I'm just picturing the smirks on the said OEMs faces when they recieved the order for xx number of PCs for Apple Computer Inc.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Probably Dells...

Doesn't/Didn't Pixar use those?

Probably a couple of old ones laying around that Steve recycled into Apple for things like iTunes and Quicktime
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Apple wrote quictime before Mac OS X, even before the power PC. If your asking what PC they used for Testing MAc OS X on Intel my guess is that they had custom PC boxes with severl different configurations.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    or that, the only way we will find out is if we ask someone on the Quicktime development team.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AquaMac

If your asking what PC they used for Testing MAc OS X on Intel my guess is that they had custom PC boxes with severl different configurations.

nar they fiddled with some powermacs and put some intel pentium 4's in them.