Slow typer?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I never took typing lessons when I should have. Everybody on my office is talking about how many words a minute. I want to take the lessons, but I just don't have the time for it with two little ones at home.

It's not that I'm a slow typer. After years off proposals I found my way around with my two fingers This company called Dragon created the solution. This program turns your talk into type.

I've installed it for two days now and it works quite good. It's getting used to, but after some practice, it works.

Maybe it can help you too...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    This is also good for people who think better in speech. Personally, I'm not a great typist, but I am much better at thinking in writing than in speech. Supposedly it's one of those right-brain vs. left-brain conundrums, although I'm not sure how the hemispheres refer to the players involved here.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splinemodel

This is also good for people who think better in speech. Personally, I'm not a great typist, but I am much better at thinking in writing than in speech. Supposedly it's one of those right-brain vs. left-brain conundrums, although I'm not sure how the hemispheres refer to the players involved here.

I actually think better without writing or speaking, i need brain probe software.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MarcUK

I actually think better without writing or speaking, i need brain probe software.

Me too. I'm afraid of what I might do to my computer with errant thoughts though. Especially after a few cups of coffee.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    justinjustin Posts: 403member
    Does it only work with Nebraska or American accents?

Wonder how it would handle British accents. I'd love one in Russian or Chinese....
  • Reply 5 of 5
    justinjustin Posts: 403member
    PS - I can type 60 words a minute.

Sadly, I take a minute to think up 5 ;(