It seems that Apple isn't selling the iSight anymore...

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacCrazy View Post

Professional customers have specific needs for monitors and it would be bad if Apple did not offer an iSight solution for their customers who choose to use non-Apple monitors. I would like to purchase an iSight for my PowerBook; I do not want to upgrade just for a webcam.

This is exactly what Apple wants. A way to get an edge in the display market.
  • Reply 22 of 27
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    You guys 2+2=???

iSight's disappear, new displays coming = duh??

The new displays will get iSight's built-in, the external iSight's will be discontinued for good, it's that simple. GET OVER IT ALREADY!
  • Reply 23 of 27
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by C.A.T.S. CEO View Post

This is exactly what Apple wants. A way to get an edge in the display market.

An iSight camera or lack of is not going to convince a Designer/Photographer to get a monitor. It is a consumer gimmick. It is the contrast, viewing angle and colour that determine which monitor is suitable. Professional customers who wish to have a web-cam as well will purchase one elsewhere if necessary.
  • Reply 24 of 27
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacCrazy View Post

An iSight camera or lack of is not going to convince a Designer/Photographer to get a monitor. It is a consumer gimmick. It is the contrast, viewing angle and colour that determine which monitor is suitable. Professional customers who wish to have a web-cam as well will purchase one elsewhere if necessary.

Yeah, but an iSight will be just part of the update. IR's that photographers could use to give their customers slideshow's in style. Lighter, briger, more ports, thinner, possibly hieght adjustable, more refined design etc.
  • Reply 25 of 27
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    What if the iphone can also double as the isight and be charged from on top of the new displays.

Same would go for the new imac which would lose the fixed isight in favor of a slot for the iphone integration. If you don't want or don't have the iphone you could use the standard removable isight that is bundled with the display.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    lorrelorre Posts: 396member
    The way I see it Apple will introduce new displays with built-in iSights, thinner than the old ones, and also about 20-30% cheaper.

Ideally, they'll also introduce an affordable 19 or 20 inch widescreen display, with the exact same footprint as the Mac Mini and the iTV...
  • Reply 27 of 27
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Yeah, but an iSight will be just part of the update. IR's that photographers could use to give their customers slideshow's in style. Lighter, briger, more ports, thinner, possibly hieght adjustable, more refined design etc.

That is true but I think Apple should offer an IR solution for Front Row for the Mac Pros for those using other monitors, hmm, maybe wishful thinking!