publish single site in iWeb

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Is it possible to only publish a single site from iWeb, rather than everything in the site organiser?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    You can click File, then publish. Instead of Publish All.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    That doesn't seem to make any difference, it still runs through all my sites. Also, I'm trying to do this to a folder, again it publishes everything despite only saying 'Publish to a Folder...' (not that there's an option for All).
  • Reply 3 of 5
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member
    I use a program called iWebSites. It allows you to create multiple independent web sites at once with iWeb.

Quote:

Product Description:

When Apple introduced its clever iLife web design software, iWeb, they left out one important feature: the ability to load and save multiple web sites. There isn't even an "Open" menu item under the File Menu! You can create multiple "sites" that are somewhat independent of each other, but they still exist as one file ("Domains.sites") and cannot be separately uploaded onto different web servers or into different .Mac accounts.

iWebSites rectifies this by manipulating the files in the directory where iWeb keeps its website files, and allows users to have multiple websites that are completely independent of each other. iWebSites creates new sites, duplicates sites you already have, sets the "default site" for iWeb, and allows you to delete sites. New in version 1.0 is the ability to drag/drop or copy/paste ".sites" files to and from the finder or an e-mail program.

VersionTracker Link: http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/29679
  • Reply 4 of 5
    heres a left field suggestion, buy Rapid Weaver, its inexpensive, will give you a better range of options, better templates, and each time you publish changes that is all you have to do.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jasonfj View Post

Is it possible to only publish a single site from iWeb, rather than everything in the site organiser?

• Reply 5 of 5
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by michael49 View Post

heres a left field suggestion, buy Rapid Weaver, its inexpensive, will give you a better range of options, better templates, and each time you publish changes that is all you have to do.

Or he can just buy iWebSites RapidWeaver is nice but it's not as scaleable as iWeb.....not since I last used it anyway. I love how you can just copy and paste objects into it and how scaleable every object is. Would be nice if there was preliminary Flash like animation to take it up just a notch. Maybe iWeb 3.0 with CoreAnimation (yes I know 2.0 is coming out in January).