The America Show

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Some people trying to be like John Stewart and the Daily Show, but for conservatives rather than liberals. Conservatives cannot be funny to save their lives. Here's the link, if you can bear to watch it:

Episode I: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjZaY...elated&search=

Episode II: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPfhw...elated&search=

Then some guy responded to it, pretty funny:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojVXp...elated&search=

Comments

• Reply 1 of 19
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    Wow. That is just horrible.
  • Reply 2 of 19
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Their choice of intro song is funny. They must not realize that the song's lyrics are cynical.
  • Reply 3 of 19
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    You cannot compair this to the Daily Show or Colbert: This was obviously an amature production without proper production and polish, lacking writers, lacking graphics, sub-par PQ and AQ...

It is unfair to compare a show made by youngsters in a basement to a professionally written and produced comedy show.

But the show does suck hard...America should sue for charicter defamation.
  • Reply 4 of 19
    it was bad, though... even for three people...
  • Reply 5 of 19
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Couldn't even make it past the 2 minute mark. Did it get any better?
  • Reply 6 of 19
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by backtomac View Post

Couldn't even make it past the 2 minute mark. Did it get any better?

Not really.
  • Reply 7 of 19
    apparently republican women are horny, abrasive, foul thinking sub-humans...

or at least, I gathered that much from this 'show'...
  • Reply 8 of 19
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by turnwrite View Post

Some people trying to be like John Stewart and the Daily Show, but for conservatives rather than liberals. Conservatives cannot be funny to save their lives. Here's the link, if you can bear to watch it:

Episode I: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjZaY...elated&search=

Episode II: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPfhw...elated&search=

Then some guy responded to it, pretty funny:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojVXp...elated&search=

Umm...to follow what another poster said...how does this even remotely compare to Colbert and Stewart? That's like making fun of a cat for not being able to bark.
  • Reply 9 of 19
    Colbert and Stewart is who they are trying to imitate. They are of course failing utterly at doing so, but that is what they were attempting.
  • Reply 10 of 19
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    What's really sad is that the girls aren't even attractive. At least Ann Coulter is kinda hot even if she is a total bitch. I'm somewhat reluctant to say it but, I thing Ann would make a fine dominatrix. Can't you just see her in leather driving her long high heel spikes in O'Reiley's chest. "You've been a bad boy haven't you Bill?"
  • Reply 11 of 19
    Comparing this show to "The Daily Show" isn't exactly an apples to apples comparison. One has dozens of professional jokesmiths, not the least of which is John Stewart himself, and the other is three fat birds with a handycam.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by turnwrite View Post

Colbert and Stewart is who they are trying to imitate. They are of course failing utterly at doing so, but that is what they were attempting.

Maybe it's just me, but I think Colbert ran out of steam after the first season. His show isn't good enough to last too much longer, I'm betting.

There are decent comedians out there who fall into the general catch-all of the "conservative" label. Dennis Miller is one who immediately comes to mind, although he's certainly gotten less funny over the years -- possibly intentionally, but who knows.
  • Reply 12 of 19
    Quote:

What's really sad is that the girls aren't even attractive. At least Ann Coulter is kinda hot even if she is a total bitch. I'm somewhat reluctant to say it but, I thing Ann would make a fine dominatrix. Can't you just see her in leather driving her long high heel spikes in O'Reiley's chest. "You've been a bad boy haven't you Bill?"

Coulter is all a big act. She knows what sells and she's selling it. That being said, she still is an ass****.
  • Reply 13 of 19
    Quote:

At least Ann Coulter is kinda hot even if she is a total bitch.

I don't find her physically attractive at all. Her looks are far too cliché and generic.
  • Reply 14 of 19
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splinemodel View Post

Comparing this show to "The Daily Show" isn't exactly an apples to apples comparison. One has dozens of professional jokesmiths, not the least of which is John Stewart himself, and the other is three fat birds with a handycam.

Maybe it's just me, but I think Colbert ran out of steam after the first season. His show isn't good enough to last too much longer, I'm betting.

There are decent comedians out there who fall into the general catch-all of the "conservative" label. Dennis Miller is one who immediately comes to mind, although he's certainly gotten less funny over the years -- possibly intentionally, but who knows.

Agreed on one. Disagree on two. I think Colbert is getting funnier. It's the only show on TV that makes me laugh out loud. And that's coming from a conservative. Beat that with a stick!
  • Reply 15 of 19
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chucker View Post

I don't find her physically attractive at all. Her looks are far too cliché and generic.

Yeah, but that's not saying much. You probably wouldn't find your own wife attractive 3 days after the honeymoon...
  • Reply 16 of 19
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood View Post

Yeah, but that's not saying much. You probably wouldn't find your own wife attractive 3 days after the honeymoon...

Come again?
  • Reply 17 of 19
    How exactly do you know Chucker's wife? (... this is gonna get ugly, kids...)
  • Reply 18 of 19
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

How exactly do you know Chucker's wife? (... this is gonna get ugly, kids...)

It's not even worth trying to make fun anymore. Consider it dead...
  • Reply 19 of 19
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Agreed on one. Disagree on two. I think Colbert is getting funnier. It's the only show on TV that makes me laugh out loud. And that's coming from a conservative. Beat that with a stick!

I never really liked Colbert to begin with, so I guess different strokes for different folks.