Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    It's a crap shoot.

All I can tell you is I bought this one for my MDD and it definitely does not work:

CP TECHNOLOGIES USB2.0 High Speed PCI Card Model CP-U2P-05 - Retail

What it is about that card, I do not know. See if you can get one that at least mentions Mac compatible. You'd think USB 2 would be kind of a standard by now.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    The d-link one has mac drivers and the other ones don't need them does that make it any better?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Joe_the_dragon View Post

The d-link one has mac drivers and the other ones don't need them does that make it any better?

Check on D-Link's site to see if the drivers are in fact OS X drivers. A lot of these companies say that, and then you find out the drivers are for OS 9.

A USB PCI card shouldn't need drivers anyway. The one I got was recognized fine by System Profiler, but when I would go to sync my iPod that was plugged into it, it would lock up iTunes after syncing the first track. It was like it "almost" worked...
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lundy View Post

Check on D-Link's site to see if the drivers are in fact OS X drivers. A lot of these companies say that, and then you find out the drivers are for OS 9.

A USB PCI card shouldn't need drivers anyway. The one I got was recognized fine by System Profiler, but when I would go to sync my iPod that was plugged into it, it would lock up iTunes after syncing the first track. It was like it "almost" worked...

They are osx drivers