iMac OS X "Mail"

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I am using a G5 10.4.8. My e-mail with Microsoft Entourage works well. The application uses POP and SMTP from Suddenlink with out problems. The problem is the Mac Mail application, which I would like to use instead, keeps sendimg messages that the POP or SMTP does not recognize the password or SMTP. I have compared the required information for both applications and they are written exactly the same. Mail "Help" has not been any help. Suggestions?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    There is no such thing as sending a message that POP an SMTP don't understand. However, I am a Cox.net/Suddenlink.net subscriber. This transition is not particular transparent. In my case, Suddenlink's published settings were incorrect. This has nothing to do with the fact that I use a Mac. They were just wrong. Setup a new Suddenlink account in Mail. Transfer your Cox mail over when you get the Suddenlink settings to work properly. One thing that the help desk and I worked out is that your user account is {useraccount}@suddenlink.net, not {useraccount}. Another thing, use Port 110 rather than Port 143 for your POP3 server, pop.suddenlink.net. Your SMTP server, smtp.suddenlink.net, does not require authorization.