Do Shuffles same lithium batteries? Any1 else found their 2G Shuffles batt lasts 16H?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hey all,

ive read that the Shuffles have lithium batteries but they're not the same as the iPod's.

So, in regards to charging, does this mean they should be drained every so often or kept at maximum levels whenever possible, so as to retain a longer batterly lifespan? With the iPod you should aim to keep it charged as often as possible, correct?

ALSO, the 2G Shuffle has a battery life of 12H, but ive been testing mine out, and so far it's lasted 16 hours! Admittedly it only has about 150MB of music on it at the moment, but it has been looping this over & over for the last half a day or so (with headphone connected of course).

Anyone else had similar battery life?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    It seems that with the last few revisions, Apple had been low balling the battery estimates. Makes good marketing sense, as reviewers typically point it out.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by k squared View Post

It seems that with the last few revisions, Apple had been low balling the battery estimates. Makes good marketing sense, as reviewers typically point it out.

well that's great news for me. More battery time = )

currently I'm up to 17.5 H - that's significantly more than 12 hours!
  • Reply 3 of 3
    finally it gave up. Got to 18 hours though. Not bad!