idisk sign on proceedure...Any help?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I have used .mac for a couple of years, but never iDisk. I attempted to use iDisk and was asked for a username and password. Do I need one in addition to my .mac id (I was already signed on to .Mac). I searched but couldn't find anything. Thanks for your support.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Flagstaff434 View Post

I have used .mac for a couple of years, but never iDisk. I attempted to use iDisk and was asked for a username and password. Do I need one in addition to my .mac id (I was already signed on to .Mac). I searched but couldn't find anything. Thanks for your support.

Your Username and Password either refers to your .Mac ID... or your Home Accounts username and password. I remember having trouble getting iDisk to work properly until I adjusted it in the System Preferences both times I had to do it... but I can't seem to remember which one of those I had to give it

It likely means your .Mac Username though, so just give it that, and if that doesn't work, well .Mac keeps a list of computers being Synced in the Advanced tab of it's Panel so it probably requires the User Name and Password to properly sync.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:

I still haven't solved this. Any other thoughts?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    So it doesn't work to just use your .mac username/password? Are you using it from the finder or some other way? I use idisk every day, signed in through system preferences, and it doesn't ever ask me for a password.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:

I still haven't solved this. Any other thoughts?

Use either your .Mac Username/Password or your Mac Account Username/Password. Simple

Sebastian
  • Reply 5 of 6
    It just hit me, you're talking about in the System Preferences?

Give it your .Mac Member name, the part before @mac.com, but without @mac.com and your .Mac password.

Sorry I didn't get it sooner, but you weren't very clear.

Sebastian
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slewis View Post

It just hit me, you're talking about in the System Preferences?

Give it your .Mac Member name, the part before @mac.com, but without @mac.com and your .Mac password.

Sorry I didn't get it sooner, but you weren't very clear.

Sebastian

Thanks Sebastian, That is the answer and it worked. Now all I have to figure out is how I open the things stored there. Thanks again..........