iPod UI?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
If the UI of Mac OS X Leopard brings about changes, i.e. the ditching of Aqua and the adding of new iTunes 7-esque gray/blue scrollbars etc., Will the iPod UI change to match it?

I know, another typographical error, so shoot me.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

If the UI of Mac OS X Leopard brings about changes, i.e. the ditching of Aqua and the adding of new iTunes 7-esque gray/blue scrollbars etc., Will the iPod UI change to match it?

I know, another typographical error, so shoot me.

I would think, if it were to change, that it would be a bit more Front Row-esque.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    I hope it's more like front row... I think it would work pretty well on the iPod, once it has that bigger screen and all...

Yep, that would be a pretty good step for the UI
  • Reply 3 of 7
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gregmightdothat View Post

I would think, if it were to change, that it would be a bit more Front Row-esque.

Battery life guys. I was thinking about less drastic changes.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    You left out the option I would pick, No the iPods UI is not changing even if the Leopard UI does. Simple Yes and No would've been good as well.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slewis View Post

You left out the option I would pick, No the iPods UI is not changing even if the Leopard UI does. Simple Yes and No would've been good as well.

That was deliberate, as I believe if Leopard gets an updated UI, the OS will get iTunes 7 scrollbars system wide. And Apple wouldn't dare doing such a thing without doing it to the iPod too.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

That was deliberate, as I believe if Leopard gets an updated UI, the OS will get iTunes 7 scrollbars system wide. And Apple wouldn't dare doing such a thing without doing it to the iPod too.

iTunes is an Application. The iPod is a piece of Hardware. I realize it has Aqua like features, but it's not dependant on OS X.

Sebastian
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slewis View Post

iTunes is an Application. The iPod is a piece of Hardware. I realize it has Aqua like features, but it's not dependant on OS X.

It doesn't have Aqua-like features, it has Aqua features.