Apple PDA? www.apple.com >> Store >> Leads to hints?

2»

Comments

  • Reply 21 of 31
    Well, it's an interesting thing to think about, but Like someone said, it is probably just that Apple has no good PDAs from anyone to display.



    Although, on the other hand, Apple does give slight hints to things like this, like in the iTunes 7 installer there was an option to install the 'phone software' or someting like that.



    But I would still say that it is unlikely.
  • Reply 22 of 31
    Why would they limit the category to iPods?



    Apple slipped up again...



    -=|Mgkwho







    OK OK so i'm going on every scrap i can get.
  • Reply 23 of 31
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gdconway View Post


    I realize the name would be a problem ( with iProducts using reserved for non-professionals)....



    "Pro Pod"?

    "Pod Pro"?







    I am still hoping that it's "iPod".
  • Reply 24 of 31
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rongold View Post


    The only hint that we have from anywhere on Apple's website is the fact that Apple updated their .Mac services to provide push-type e-mailing (with the page open in a browser, new e-mails automatically show up without refreshing the page or clicking on the "Get Mail" button).



    Is this using the Push-IMAP protocol? It's supposed to be easy on the bandwidth as I understand it. This would be cool.
  • Reply 25 of 31
    jccbinjccbin Posts: 476member
    The PDAs disappeared Thanksgiving. There were several Palm models there on Wednesday before Thanksgiving, but the whole page went blank the next day.



    Note: This is also around the time that Palm's CEO/whoever said that Apple could not make a good phone because they had not been in the business, yadda yadda, we're not afraid of Apple, blah blah.



    I suspect Jobs decided to cease selling Palm devices just because of that.



  • Reply 26 of 31
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,080member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jccbin View Post


    The PDAs disappeared Thanksgiving. There were several Palm models there on Wednesday before Thanksgiving, but the whole page went blank the next day.



    Note: This is also around the time that Palm's CEO/whoever said that Apple could not make a good phone because they had not been in the business, yadda yadda, we're not afraid of Apple, blah blah.



    I suspect Jobs decided to cease selling Palm devices just because of that.







    Nice Observation. I'm betting he wished he hadn't said that now



    Sebastian
  • Reply 27 of 31
    I've gone to the PDA page at the Apple Store on a few occasions and it usually features a handful of Palm Pilots or some other PDA-like gadgets.



    We'll see what happens January 7th though...
  • Reply 28 of 31
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CharlesP2009 View Post


    I've gone to the PDA page at the Apple Store on a few occasions and it usually features a handful of Palm Pilots or some other PDA-like gadgets.



    We'll see what happens January 7th though...



    I doubt much, if anything, will happen on January 7th.... Who would release a product on a Sunday, especially 2 days before Macworld?
  • Reply 29 of 31
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. Jeff View Post


    I doubt much, if anything, will happen on January 7th.... Who would release a product on a Sunday, especially 2 days before Macworld?





    I think they ment the 9th..





    One way to get things done... I went to Palm's website to find a list of authorized retailers -If apple.com was on the list...they are no longer... So Apple dropped Palm or Palm dropped Apple



    But why?



    Sales?



    Apple is going to do a PDA?



    Really odd they would leave a PDA page but not show up as a authorized retailer !




    Link of Palm's authorized retailers below



    http://www.palm.com/us/products/wher...Z22%20Handheld
  • Reply 30 of 31
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. Jeff View Post


    I doubt much, if anything, will happen on January 7th.... Who would release a product on a Sunday, especially 2 days before Macworld?



    Isn't the Steve Jobs keynote on the 7th? Or maybe it's the 9th?
  • Reply 31 of 31
    irelandireland Posts: 17,684member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CharlesP2009 View Post


    Isn't the Steve Jobs keynote on the 7th? Or maybe it's the 9th?



    9th, in the morning.
Sign In or Register to comment.