Apple Homepage Mock-ups Post Keynote

Comments

• Reply 61 of 124
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball View Post

I can do some graphic for you at some point in time if you want. I do a lot of logo work, as well as banners, etc.

I generally design them, and pass them onto my friend to make them a reality, but I'll definitely keep you in mind if I need some LOGO work done.
  • Reply 62 of 124
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by max_naylor View Post

Ok, here goes:

My New 50% Lighter Version, v2

I?m really pleased with how this has turned out after a few refinements. Do you think I have a future in web/interface design?

I think so, that looks too pimp, they should do that to the whole of OSX.
  • Reply 63 of 124
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ecking View Post

That looks too pimp, they should do that to the whole of OS X.

Well I think they just might be, so your wish might be a reality very soon.

There's no reason for them to do it with iTunes if they didn't plan on carrying it over to the rest of their apps.
  • Reply 64 of 124
    Which looks easier to use, and more clear?

OR?

Apple.. get your ass in gear!!..
  • Reply 65 of 124
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mandricard View Post

I'd buy it.
  • Reply 66 of 124
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

I just went to the Apple web page, and it looked all dated and ugly, I have gotten more used to looking at this title bar for it.. \
  • Reply 67 of 124
    sthiedesthiede Posts: 307member
    i made a mockup, but how do you upload images? i have never done it before on this board
  • Reply 68 of 124
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sthiede View Post

i made a mockup, but how do you upload images? i have never done it before on this board

You have to host the image somewhere (flicker, your own website, etc) and use a link to embed it.
  • Reply 69 of 124
    ah ok great thanks!
  • Reply 70 of 124
    ok so i thought i would give this a shot, i'm not that good at photoshop but i threw this together (quite quickly so it is kinda sloppy)

• Reply 71 of 124
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sthiede View Post

ok so i thought i would give this a shot, i'm not that good at photoshop but i threw this together (quite quickly so it is kinda sloppy)

Matinée is very Apple-esque in sound/name
  • Reply 72 of 124
    hujibhujib Posts: 117member
    Quote:

Which looks easier to use, and more clear?

OR?

Apple.. get your ass in gear!!..

Actually.. the current Apple one is clearer IMO.. although I was sold on this new idea untill your comparison post. Loosing the pinstrip on the currnet one might be a good call though.. \
  • Reply 73 of 124
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hujib View Post

Actually.. the current Apple one is clearer IMO.. although I was sold on this new idea untill your comparison post. Loosing the pinstrip on the currnet one might be a good call though.. \

I think it's no competition which is better, and it's not the current one.
  • Reply 74 of 124
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ai51240 View Post

This is cute.

Seriously, though, max_naylor: I design web interfaces for a living. I started finding my way around it when I was 16 (10 years ago, actually). If that's what you want to do for a living you're off to a good start.

Well that?s lucky, I am 16.
  • Reply 75 of 124

As far as Macs go, portables seem to be where the action is, so that seems like the line to expand. Not sure exactly what a MacBook mini would entail... Philosophically it would be related to the Mac mini: Tiny. Smartly designed and engineered. A low-end switcher-driver. But with some major debilitating factor that keeps it from stealing sales from the higher-end machines. Maybe it doesn't have an optical drive. Maybe no firewire and/or bluetooth. But still tiny and slick.

Incidentally, I've read a lot about how the "Welcome to '07" message portends some huge announcements at MacWorld. My initial reaction, however, was that this message was a sign that MacWorld could be low key. The message almost seems like an attempt to reset expectations away from just MacWorld to the entire year. Like a preemptive strike against the sell-off that would occur from a low-key Keynote. It says, "don't worry, the insanely great stuff is coming by the end of the year."

Edit: One more thought - Regarding the iTunes store access via a WiFi iPod - doesn't the recent implementation of "reverse syncing of purchased music" suggest that might come?
  • Reply 76 of 124
    Quote:

I think it's no competition which is better, and it's not the current one.

the "new" one might look cool, but the original one is EASIER to read, theres a difference there.

in web design you need to grab the viewer quickly and make them comfortable so they can make a choice to buy your product and keep surfing, if they have to do ANY kind of squinting to actually READ the print on your page, they are more likely to turn off.

So, EASY to READ wins over COOL IMO

Google is a much overused example, you dont have to search to find the search bar like you do with other search sites
  • Reply 77 of 124
    thats not to say the work done here isnt cool though keep it comming
  • Reply 78 of 124
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by paulumos View Post

As far as Macs go, portables seem to be where the action is, so that seems like the line to expand. Not sure exactly what a MacBook mini would entail... Philosophically it would be related to the Mac mini: Tiny. Smartly designed and engineered. A low-end switcher-driver. But with some major debilitating factor that keeps it from stealing sales from the higher-end machines. Maybe it doesn't have an optical drive. Maybe no firewire and/or bluetooth. But still tiny and slick.

Incidentally, I've read a lot about how the "Welcome to '07" message portends some huge announcements at MacWorld. My initial reaction, however, was that this message was a sign that MacWorld could be low key. The message almost seems like an attempt to reset expectations away from just MacWorld to the entire year. Like a preemptive strike against the sell-off that would occur from a low-key Keynote. It says, "don't worry, the insanely great stuff is coming by the end of the year."

Edit: One more thought - Regarding the iTunes store access via a WiFi iPod - doesn't the recent implementation of "reverse syncing of purchased music" suggest that might come?

that is an INSANELY GREAT mock-up!

mac book mini NO firewire, but given the mini has more USBs than the iMac i dont know what else you could lose? it HAS to keep the optical drive because you NEED theswitchers to see how easy macs are.. no optical drive would remove that.

Reading the iPod Extreme run down just made me SMILE! and the come together tag is the best yet
  • Reply 79 of 124
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    MacBook Mini for $799???, thats never going to happen! may be $1599
  • Reply 80 of 124
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    paulumos, i think you are right on target. good job