iPhone, what's the latest scoop?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I currently use a Winbloze Mobile Smartphone and am drooling about throwing it out for an iPhone. What's the latest on the iPhone?



I realize we won't know for sure until it is released but I'm wondering about the OS and software on the new iPhone. Will it basically have a mobile version of OS X? Will it have high speed internet capability with a mini version of Safari, Mail, Address Book and iCal (or something similar)?



Anyone know of some definite features it will (or won't) have?



Thanks for any input.

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 13
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    There are currently four iPhone threads on the first page of threads alone.

    You might try reading them.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AsahiToro View Post


    I currently use a Winbloze Mobile Smartphone and am drooling about throwing it out for an iPhone. What's the latest on the iPhone?



    I realize we won't know for sure until it is released but I'm wondering about the OS and software on the new iPhone. Will it basically have a mobile version of OS X? Will it have high speed internet capability with a mini version of Safari, Mail, Address Book and iCal (or something similar)?



    Anyone know of some definite features it will (or won't) have?



    Thanks for any input.



    Linksys released the iPhone already. now could we have some threads that talk about something other than the vaporware that has been the wet-dream of these boards since day 1 of the iPod? An Apple iPhone has about as nuch a chance of happening as I do of getting a 3-way the Olsen twins.
  • Reply 3 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by a_greer View Post


    getting a 3-way the Olsen twins.



    Better make sure they're legal.
  • Reply 4 of 13
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,219member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by backtomac View Post


    Better make sure they're legal.



    They are
  • Reply 5 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by a_greer View Post


    Linksys released the iPhone already. now could we have some threads that talk about something other than the vaporware that has been the wet-dream of these boards since day 1 of the iPod? An Apple iPhone has about as nuch a chance of happening as I do of getting a 3-way the Olsen twins.





    If you dont think that apple is still coming out with a cell phone then you are a complete moron. Its not going to be called the iPhone but there is still a cell phone coming from apple very soon.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    If you trust the Chinese trade newspapers, the phone is being produced by the same folks who make the MacBooks. A number of stock anylists have confirmed this. It's just a matter of when it will be announced/released. Since Apple's stock typically goes into the doldrums in the spring, it's possible it will be announced then.



    Then there's the video with the digg.com team, in which (I forget his name) reports he's actually seen the phone. Two versions are reported there, a lower end model and a smart phone. Two batteries, one for the phone, one for the music player. "Tiny, tiny" is the phrase he keeps repeating.



    Will it conform to the patent with touch screen full face display? Will it have a pop out keyboard? Will it iChat? Will it have a camera? Will it come is chartreuse or magenta?
  • Reply 7 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacSuperiority View Post


    If you dont think that apple is still coming out with a cell phone then you are a complete moron. Its not going to be called the iPhone but there is still a cell phone coming from apple very soon.



    says who?



    not Apple



    IF...IF i wanted to , i could "broadcast" a video blog, in which i appeard drinking and talking balls... it would prove that i was sitting on a chair..that would be cast iron FACT!!!!111!!!!



    would it mean Apple were releasing the 'iChair' ??



    oo... i guess so
  • Reply 8 of 13
    dbl post
  • Reply 9 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Trendannoyer View Post


    says who?



    not Apple



    IF...IF i wanted to , i could "broadcast" a video blog, in which i appeard drinking and talking balls... it would prove that i was sitting on a chair..that would be cast iron FACT!!!!111!!!!



    would it mean Apple were releasing the 'iChair' ??



    oo... i guess so



    Thats a horrible analogy. Why don't you think of something better and then try to make your argument. If Apple didnt have a cell phone planned and their stock price increased 15% because of a rumor alone, they would be absolutely retarded to not just say they aren't coming out with one. The risk of losing investors confidence is just too great. Plus I doubt those 3 analysts that are going nuts about the Apple mobile phone

    would be so confident in their press releases if they weren't sure. Its not something that they would risk losing their jobs over.



    Just because all the rumors created the name iPhone for the name of apples cellphone and another product came out with that name doesnt mean that apple isnt making a cell phone.
  • Reply 10 of 13
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacSuperiority View Post


    If you dont think that apple is still coming out with a cell phone then you are a complete moron. Its not going to be called the iPhone but there is still a cell phone coming from apple very soon.



    I simply said that they would not call it the i-phone...that trademark is gone: furthermore the cell market is saturated with crappy phones that people will deal with because they are free...hell, I had someon e tell me that it wasnt worth $10 to get a phone that supported bluetooth!!!

    The iPod Moto handsets are not selling so well...so why would a $300+ consumer oriented apple handset?



    The part of the market willin g to spend real $$$ on phonews is the smart-phone buyer...If anything I look for a Samsung blackjack or Motorola Q running some sort of mobile OSX
  • Reply 11 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. Me View Post


    They are



    and have been for years. too bad they're fugly.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by a_greer View Post


    I simply said that they would not call it the i-phone...that trademark is gone: furthermore the cell market is saturated with crappy phones that people will deal with because they are free...hell, I had someon e tell me that it wasnt worth $10 to get a phone that supported bluetooth!!!

    The iPod Moto handsets are not selling so well...so why would a $300+ consumer oriented apple handset?



    The part of the market willin g to spend real $$$ on phonews is the smart-phone buyer...If anything I look for a Samsung blackjack or Motorola Q running some sort of mobile OSX



  • Reply 13 of 13
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AsahiToro View Post


    I currently use a Winbloze Mobile Smartphone and am drooling about throwing it out for an iPhone. What's the latest on the iPhone?



    I realize we won't know for sure until it is released but I'm wondering about the OS and software on the new iPhone. Will it basically have a mobile version of OS X? Will it have high speed internet capability with a mini version of Safari, Mail, Address Book and iCal (or something similar)?



    Anyone know of some definite features it will (or won't) have?



    Thanks for any input.



    Definite scoop.? Why don't you go to the iPhone page at Apple and find out all about it?



    You've used the internet before haven't you? Go look at it.
Sign In or Register to comment.