2007 Predictions

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Null.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slewis View Post

1. iTV will be part of the iTunes Platform (OK that was an easy one) but will not carry "i" anything in the name

2. Google will take a more neutral point of view between OS X and Windows, while simultaneously finding ways to sync the Desktop with their own Webtop, and hopefully that means Google Docs won't suck as a WYSIWYG Document Editor

3. OpenSolaris will overtake Linux because the Linux ecosystem isn't that great (from a bystanders point of view)

4. Apple will release a phone the day after I buy a new phone

5. Blu-Ray and HD DVD will begin to make their prescence known in the Mac World likely starting with the Mac Pro, and then maybe making it's way to consumer computers by Macworld 08

6. Apple will take on the Education market Head On instead of finding small spinoffs using iTunes and iPod deals

7. Youtube will turn out to be the first of a series of Websites Google buys but does not place under the Google Account branding

8. Microsoft's Windows Live Platform will burst like a Bag of Hot Air

That's all I can think of at the Moment.

Sebastian

you will gain a tremendous amount of weight while reading MacWorld and devouring tons of food
  • Reply 2 of 4
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Null.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:

8. Microsoft's Windows Live Platform will burst like a Bag of Hot Air

Really. Live Mail offers nothing Gmail doesn't do better, Live Search has nothing unique about it..

Quote:

2. Google will take a more neutral point of view between OS X and Windows, while simultaneously finding ways to sync the Desktop with their own Webtop, and hopefully that means Google Docs won't suck as a WYSIWYG Document Editor

Google Docs & Spreadsheets needs a new name. I doubt it will get one, but I don't like that name, it is too long and complicated.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Null.