http://www.apple.com/ - The Frontpage

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Okay let's take some logic into effect.

By now, everyone here has seen the new teaser "The first 30 years were just the beginning. Welcome to 2007".

Then let's look at the products under the Hot News Headlines: New MacBook, iPod Shuffle ad, New MacBook Pro and the iPod nano (PRODUCT) red.

After refreshing the page several times without any changes, I have come to the conclusion that we might see product updates/new products on the following:

iPod (G6)

MacTV preview (iTV)

Mac OS X Leopard preview

iLife

iWork

.........and one more thing.......MacPhone

Of course there are five slots on Apple's front page and I have listed six, so one above may or may not show up at MacWorld.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    michaelbmichaelb Posts: 242member
    So, the logical connection is that those product categories aren't the ones being promoted at the moment? That is, about to be replaced? (Though often Apple likes to run its inventories out by a last-ditch campaign.)

I agree with your predictions. They are both conservative (no wild 60" plasma with built-in Mac mini, etc) and satisfying. "MacTV" and a Leopard unveiling would support the new era teaser. A bit hyped, but that's Apple for you!

Maybe the iPod ones are optimistic, but the sixth gen iPod is due and if not now, when. But the phone, if it is announced, is unlikely to be called a MacPhone when it's primarily an iPod device (music first, phone second). I think it will be something more consistent with the iPod mini, iPod nano, iPod shuffle sequence. So, something like "iPod mobile" or "iPod communicator."
  • Reply 2 of 9
    josa92josa92 Posts: 193member
    only thing about iPod Moblie is that it's already mobile, and people wouldn't connect that Mobile doesn't mean mobile as in phone, but they would think mobile as in movement, and they would go, "whuuh?" and not buy it because it confused them.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    The phone will be called something like "ichat Mobile", "Mobile Me", or simply iChat (even though the software bears the same name).
  • Reply 4 of 9
    sport73sport73 Posts: 438member
    The phone will definitely include at least the "i" (as it's intended for consumers like the iMac and iPod) and most likely the full "iPod" word so that Apple can leverage the MILLIONS of people who don't think of Mac or Apple, but think iPod is the brand.

As for the homepage message; I agree that it signals SOMETHING is on the horizon. Many people have said that it's nothing more than a "Happy New Year"/30th anniversary message from Apple. I would agree, were it not for the clear visual of the sun coming up over the Apple horizon, or the Apple eclipsing a soon to be revealed 'light'. That visual definitely suggests that there is something in store for us.

I'm excited. More than I was yesterday.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    jvbjvb Posts: 210member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sport73 View Post

The phone will definitely include at least the "i" (as it's intended for consumers like the iMac and iPod) and most likely the full "iPod" word so that Apple can leverage the MILLIONS of people who don't think of Mac or Apple, but think iPod is the brand.

As for the homepage message; I agree that it signals SOMETHING is on the horizon. Many people have said that it's nothing more than a "Happy New Year"/30th anniversary message from Apple. I would agree, were it not for the clear visual of the sun coming up over the Apple horizon, or the Apple eclipsing a soon to be revealed 'light'. That visual definitely suggests that there is something in store for us.

I'm excited. More than I was yesterday.

There have been claims around the web saying that Apple is actually moving away from the "i" before all of their products. And if it is called "Mobile Me" I might cry.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by michaelb View Post

So, the logical connection is that those product categories aren't the ones being promoted at the moment? That is, about to be replaced? (Though often Apple likes to run its inventories out by a last-ditch campaign.)

I agree with your predictions. They are both conservative (no wild 60" plasma with built-in Mac mini, etc) and satisfying. "MacTV" and a Leopard unveiling would support the new era teaser. A bit hyped, but that's Apple for you!

Maybe the iPod ones are optimistic, but the sixth gen iPod is due and if not now, when. But the phone, if it is announced, is unlikely to be called a MacPhone when it's primarily an iPod device (music first, phone second). I think it will be something more consistent with the iPod mini, iPod nano, iPod shuffle sequence. So, something like "iPod mobile" or "iPod communicator."

Yeah I think people are expecting way to much out of MacWorld. The teaser on the front page is just letting us know this will be one hell of a year, not that everything in the matrix will be revised or all the products in the work will come out at MacWorld SF.

Personally I think that the Mac Pro (heh almost called it PowerMac) will be updated this month, as well as the displays but not at MacWorld.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    octaneoctane Posts: 157member
    I don't usually do this, but since it's all for fun anyway I'll go out on a limb. Probability and likelyhood aside (it is unlikely), how about OS X on all x86 machines? That'd be perfect timing for an O/S war
  • Reply 8 of 9
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Just a reminder... Check for prior threads before you post.

Someone already posted a thread about this well before you.

But I will forgive you, this is temporary insanity after all.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    octaneoctane Posts: 157member
    That was more of a vote than discussion, guess I shouldn't have posed it as a question and put a better disclaimer /insanity off