osx and ipod os changes?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
if apple changes the aqua theme in OSX would they also change the ipod OS colors? or dare i say make user changable themes?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    jvbjvb Posts: 210member
    For the actual iPod I doubt it. Maybe a future iPod will have this ability but I haven't even heard rumors for this one yet. Would be kinda cool though...
  • Reply 2 of 10
    yea i just figured if they would get rid of the aqua theme all together it would make sence to change it on the ipod too.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Changeable themes would be a bad idea, I feel. I know it's not a popular position, but:

1. Most people would create ugly themes, which would harm the iPod brand

2. Custom themes in general takes away from the iPod brand

It's your iPod; you bought it, and if you want to uglify it with a gnarly case, go for it. Jon Ives can't stop you. But he doesn't have to help you uglify the interface.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nevenmrgan View Post

Changeable themes would be a bad idea, I feel. I know it's not a popular position, but:

It's your iPod; you bought it, and if you want to uglify it with a gnarly case, go for it. Jon Ives can't stop you. But he doesn't have to help you uglify the interface.

I somehow doubt Ives designed the interface. However I do agree with you, and I also think that's how these items were excepted in hospitals and universities etc. If parents think they are educational they will buy them for their kids too, which the kids would love.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    You guys are aware that those aqua scrollbars were designed to match the translucency of the old Mac's aren't you? You know the one with colored plastics?

I'm going to put this writing in the sand;

As those computers are long gone, Leopards main color of scrollbars will match those in iTunes 7, and the iPod will very quickly follow suit, ala a 2.0 update.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    Go with something along these lines here:

http://www.xiap.net/GUI/images/paperplasticss.jpg

But screw the iTunes UI. It's fugly. Mail looks better.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rageous View Post

Go with something along these lines here:

http://www.xiap.net/GUI/images/paperplasticss.jpg

The only place I would "go" with that is to the trash. All the novel elements are horrid - those scrollbars and checkboxes belong in Win 3.1.

My final word on all Apple redesigns is:

Whatever Apple goes with, some people will complain. I'm just glad my taste matches Steve & Jon's 95% of the time.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    Quote:

The only place I would "go" with that is to the trash. All the novel elements are horrid - those scrollbars and checkboxes belong in Win 3.1.

My final word on all Apple redesigns is:

Whatever Apple goes with, some people will complain. I'm just glad my taste matches Steve & Jon's 95% of the time.

It's just an example of a direction they could go to make the UI more subtle and less aqua. iTunes looks like a slab of greyed meat. It is far more Windows 3.1ish than what I linked to (though CERTAINLY the theme I linked is nowhere near as good as Apple could do themselves)

I'm sure that's cool with you, but it's not with me. And if the whole UI went the iTunes route, you can bet your ass I'd complain. And it'd be the first time I complained about the OS UI.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    jvbjvb Posts: 210member
    I think there definitely will be some of the iTunes 7 theme present if they do indeed unveil a new UI for Leopard.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    shady104shady104 Posts: 332member
    Quote:

well i didnt mean themes in the way you can change your themes on cell phones. i just was thinking different colors.