Life following art?

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Looks like someone's finally giving Ponch a job. Erik Estrada's in a reality show where celebrities train to be cops, and they actually give them guns and let them ride around with real officers. It's obviously supposed to be a joke, but I think it's a good career move for him. He was in Sealab 2021, I'll give him that, but being a cop would have to be better than pushing junk real estate on infomercials. Nobody's going to complain about getting pulled over by Poncherello, he would just have to worry about being taken seriously.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Life as Art? This show completely debases the definition of "art".

Another totally idiotic 'reality' show. Apparently, I need to study harder dimension's 5 thru 11 as explained in string theory to find the reality correlation.

I would however watch, Armed & Debutante, if we could have LIndsey, Britany, and Paris as the reality stars. Sorta like Charlie's Angels of the new millenia.

Paz
  • Reply 2 of 3
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rufusswan View Post

Life as Art? This show completely debases the definition of "art".

You can't really "define" art.

It's a big issue in the philosophy of art/aesthetics.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShawnJ View Post

You can't really "define" art.

It's a big issue in the philosophy of art/aesthetics.

Shawn,

To be more logical, I should have answered the thread/topic question with:

Life as Art? This show completely debases my definition of "art".

I have no doubt that you and I, and thousands of others, can define 'art' for themselves. I would suspect any issues that might be found lie in the probable fact that most folk would endure, if not enjoy, the opportunity to define "art" for everyone else on the planet.

Paz