PowerBook G4 Exclamation Point Not Working

djpdjp
Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
About a month ago my exclamation point stopped working on my PowerBook G4. The number 1 key works as well as all the other symbols on the numbers. I added another user to the computer just to see if the exclamation point worked under that username and it did, but going back to the main administrator the exclamation point no longer works. Is there a keyboard set up or something that I can do to reset the keyboard so the exclamation point works? I've run MainMenu and the tests/fixes did nothing to fix the problem. Any thoughts or assistance are appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    tomjtomj Posts: 120member
    That's really weird!!!

Since nobody else has said anything, I'll just suggest running disk first aid after rebooting from the system cd/dvd and maybe rebuilding file permissions. Can't hurt to do that every once in awhile anyhow. If your machine is still covered by the warranty, i'd give apple a call. I've never heard of anything like this.

Good luck
  • Reply 2 of 5
    djpdjp Posts: 3member
    Okay, I'll look into doing that...any other suggestions?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    patfurpatfur Posts: 2member
    My exclamation point has stopped working as well, has anyone figured out what the problem is?

Thanks
  • Reply 4 of 5
    patfurpatfur Posts: 2member
    I turned off all the speech and speakable items in the preferences, as well as turned off the accessibility features. Fixed the problem.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    djpdjp Posts: 3member
    After months and months of trying to figure out how to solve that problem...that finally worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's back!!!!!