iPhone in UK?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I just wondered, if Apple release an iPhone on tuesday is there any reason it would not be made available in the UK?

I sure hope i dont have to wait or even have to buy one of ebay!

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    rickagrickag Posts: 1,626member
    I thought the standards/frequencies or something along this line are different in the US and pretty much the rest of the world?

Might be difficult for Apple to intoduce phones with different standards at the same time.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rickag View Post

I thought the standards/frequencies or something along this line are different in the US and pretty much the rest of the world?

Are we still talking about phones?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rickag View Post

Might be difficult for Apple to intoduce phones with different standards at the same time.

Yeah, I don't expect it to happen immediately but I would expect it at some point though. Like the itunes music store, it may take a while to filter out to the rest of the world.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    atariatari Posts: 22member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ukuser View Post

I just wondered, if Apple release an iPhone on tuesday is there any reason it would not be made available in the UK?

I sure hope i dont have to wait or even have to buy one of ebay!

Thanks

If the phone is GSM based I don´t see why not.

In that case TriBand is also a given.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    fishafisha Posts: 126member
    As long as it would sport tri-band, then it would be fine. Most modern phones these days are tri-band . . . well in the UK at least.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    It would be need to be a quad-band GSM phone for good quality signals in both the European and North American market given the bands the various GSM service providers use.

In the United States CDMA actually has better network coverage but of course at the cost of not having a SIM card and not working in many places outside of the US/Canada.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    I believe Apple's international sales will move as fast as the US sales on the iPod phone. There is no way they would not have engineered it to work from Day One in the UK, or any other major country. I've bought a GSM phone in Australia on business, used it there and then picked up a UK chip in London when I was there. Switch out the chips and you're off. That is what I believe Apple is targeting.