I love the new "reply" & quick reply" buttons... but?

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
Any chance you could make the "Post Reply" button the same? Cause as is it's ugly, cheers.

/It looks like a shoehorn.

Edit: Looks like I spoke to soon! New "New Thread" & "Post Reply" buttons just appeared. Now to clean up the edges of those new buttons, boom!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 20
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Any chance you could make the "Post Reply" button the same? Cause as is it's ugly, cheers.

/It looks like a shoehorn.

Edit: Looks like I spoke to soon! New "New Thread" & "Post Reply" buttons just appeared. Now to clean up the edges of those new buttons, boom!

Photoshop was hating me today. It's all good, now.
  • Reply 2 of 20
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by audiopollution View Post

Photoshop was hating me today. It's all good, now.

Would have actually preferred if the New "New Thread" & "Post Reply" buttons looked like a bigger version of the "reply" & "quick reply" buttons cause they look way better, cleaner, but I can't have my way always. Think about it though, cause those smaller buttons look way better IMO. And if you're thinking people wont notice those bigger buttons, or find it hard to find them if you do that, think again. Cheers! The new bigger buttons aren't ugly, they are better than the old ones, but it's just that they would be better again if you went for the utilitarian look. Glossy aqua is on the way out, and Apple are just about to make sure we all know that.
  • Reply 3 of 20
    Quote:

Would have actually preferred if the New "New Thread" & "Post Reply" buttons looked like a bigger version of the "reply" & "quick reply" buttons cause they look way better, cleaner, but I can't have my way always. Think about it though, cause those smaller buttons look way better IMO. And if you're thinking people wont notice those bigger buttons, or find it hard to find them if you do that, think again. Cheers! The new bigger buttons aren't ugly, they are better than the old ones, but it's just that they would be better again if you went for the utilitarian look. Glossy aqua is on the way out, and Apple are just about to make sure we all know that.

Yeah, I realize that ... I'd already prepared larger versions of the post icons to replace the 'New Thread' and 'Post Reply' buttons, but I'm going to think about it a bit before going ahead with them.
  • Reply 4 of 20
    Quote:

Yeah, I realize that ... I'd already prepared larger versions of the post icons to replace the 'New Thread' and 'Post Reply' buttons, but I'm going to think about it a bit before going ahead with them.

Here's what I was thinking, if you wanted to know.

Somthing like one of these;
  • Reply 5 of 20
    Quote:

Here's what I was thinking, if you wanted to know.

Somthing like one of these;

I think you'll like what I did.

I'll probably put them online and see how it goes.
  • Reply 6 of 20
    Quote:

I think you'll like what I did.

I'll probably put them online and see how it goes.

Looking forward to it, I always like the little details.
  • Reply 7 of 20
    I'd prefer a smaller version of this myself, the + icon is not necessary IMO;

• Reply 8 of 20
    Quote:

I'd prefer a smaller version of this myself, the + icon is not necessary IMO;

You'll learn to love it.
  • Reply 9 of 20
    Quote:

You'll learn to love it.

Possibly.
  • Reply 10 of 20
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:

Possibly.

I like the new quick replay and reply as well...

I dont like the plus. First, it would work better of the plus was centered, and second, not white. The white is distracting. Why don't you make the plus the color of the text in the forum menu bar (User CP... Member List... New Posts ... Search... etc.)
  • Reply 11 of 20
    Quote:

Possibly.

Just so you know, there are two reasons the buttons look like they do, as compared to the one you mocked up ... firstly, I'm trying to standardize the look of the graphics on the site and secondly, as just a plain button there is little visual distinction.

Keep in mind that this is all a work in progress.
  • Reply 12 of 20
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball View Post

I like the new quick replay and reply as well...

I dont like the plus. First, it would work better of the plus was centered, and second, not white. The white is distracting. Why don't you make the plus the color of the text in the forum menu bar (User CP... Member List... New Posts ... Search... etc.)

The plus sign will remain ... the remainder of that small box will contain a graphic, too ... I wasn't happy with the first iteration so I just left the plus sign for now.

I've actally been changing those buttons repeatedly over the day ... and I'm sure I have one with a blue plus sign still on my desktop.
  • Reply 13 of 20
    Quote:

The plus sign will remain ... the remainder of that small box will contain a graphic, too ... I wasn't happy with the first iteration so I just left the plus sign for now.

I've actally been changing those buttons repeatedly over the day ... and I'm sure I have one with a blue plus sign still on my desktop.

I could live with the plus icon, now that you changed it from white, the white was hard to see, and was kind of sore on the eyes. I was going to mention it, but someone else did it for me. Gray is much better, good job.
  • Reply 14 of 20
    Yes, the bluyeish grey is much much better. You might try centering the plus.

While your at the whole standardizing thing...

I don't like the orange forum globes.
  • Reply 15 of 20
    Quote:

Yes, the bluyeish grey is much much better. You might try centering the plus.

While your at the whole standardizing thing...

I don't like the orange forum globes.

Do you and Ireland share a brain, or something?

Check out his other thread.
  • Reply 16 of 20
    Quote:

Do you and Ireland share a brain, or something?

Check out his other thread.

lol. didn't see that thread when I posted. Anyways... what about... (creating now... ill post in a min or so...)

and... also the thread icons are all funky. You updating that now? I really liked the blue/brown/green folders from before.
  • Reply 17 of 20
    Quote:

lol. didn't see that thread when I posted. Anyways... what about... (creating now... ill post in a min or so...)

and... also the thread icons are all funky. You updating that now? I really liked the blue/brown/green folders from before.

Nothing has changed with the thread icons, at all.

What oddities are you noticing?
  • Reply 18 of 20
    Quote:

Nothing has changed with the thread icons, at all.

What oddities are you noticing?

Maybe I was just imaging that it chagned... these are the three I see:

Just weird that they are different styles....
  • Reply 19 of 20
    This is probably no good for forum icons, but, it's just an idea. I'm tired so my quality for work and ideas are not very good.

And btw...the white background is just a result of my being lazy and saving them as jpgs. The idea is basically to use the apple logo.

• Reply 20 of 20
    And btw... I definitely like the create new thread with the plus much better than without. I just didn't like it as white.

I've started to become incoherent. I'm going to bed.