30 inch imac

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Do you think that there will be a 30 inch imac soon? i know they just brought out the 24 inch and it is big enough of a screen but i think that it would be smart to bring out a quad core 30inch mac with much more expansion options.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by polarissucks View Post

Do you think that there will be a 30 inch imac soon? i know they just brought out the 24 inch and it is big enough of a screen but i think that it would be smart to bring out a quad core 30inch mac with much more expansion options.

No, I don't think so, it is simply too big. And also think about this: people who want to use a 30" display ususally don't buy an all-in-one computer. Plus all the iMacs use notebook technology inside (RAM, processor, etc. so the heat can be dealt with easily). With regular processors that suck up 80W+ of power, this design is not possible any more. And where would you put the expansion options? Behind the display making it look like a giant shoe box? Beautiful! That's what you get when you look at certain HP office "all-in-one" boxes where a small form factor computer is placed behind the display...

The 24" is different in the sense that it combines a fair amount of computing power with a big size display. That's for consumers, however. They seem to like all those widescreen displays for DVD playback and home movie creation etc. But for me, even the 24" would be too big, I prefer my 20" display at 4:3.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    ehmehm Posts: 1member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by polarissucks View Post

I'd love to see a 30 inch widescreen iMac. I currently have a dual display set-up that this would be a great replacement for.