hacking old iBooks need parts plz

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I just wanted to post an introductory post asking is anyone has any spare iBook parts lying about. I got my hands on a 14" 600Mhz iBook due to its video chip malfunctioning and was able to reflow the BGA to get it back to life. I notice a lot of people having this same problem and am just looking to see if anyone else has a "dead" iBook or other accessories to hack around with. This has been a fun project this week, getting linux up and running on the thing and what not. I am in desperate need of a dead battery and ram modules. I have good lithium-ion cells just a bad chip in the battery, I think water got into it. The unit only has Meg 128Megs and I want to SOLDER in higher memory density chips onto the logic board, but I need some old PC-133 or PC-100 ram chips. If anyone has any spare parts they are willing to sacrifice for my own hacking enjoyment I promise to keep you informed online here.

Thanks. 8)

P.S. If anyone else here likes to hack around with iBooks let me know. Would like to compare some notes. Also is anyone wants info on how I reflowed the video chip write me back.