Good stickies replacement?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I'd like a program just like stickies but with alarms - even if the application isn't running at the moment of the alarm.

The only one I found is Sticky Brain but the interface is horrible. I don't quite understand the point of the slider bar on the left that hides and shows stickies.

A menu bar icon as opposed to a dock icon would be nice too, but not a must at this point.

Freeware or shareware.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    stunnedstunned Posts: 1,096member
    [quote]Originally posted by David R:

<strong>I'd like a program just like stickies but with alarms - even if the application isn't running at the moment of the alarm.

The only one I found is Sticky Brain but the interface is horrible. I don't quite understand the point of the slider bar on the left that hides and shows stickies.

A menu bar icon as opposed to a dock icon would be nice too, but not a must at this point.

Freeware or shareware.

Any suggestions?</strong><hr></blockquote>

If u have entourage, u may want to use its tasks function. Its very simple to use and u can set alarms and the alarms will work even if entourage is not opened.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    david rdavid r Posts: 135member
    Well, I like the ease of use of the Stickies app and the fact that the stickies are on my desktop, reminding me of minor tasks and misc information. Entourage, which I do have but not use, is a little of an overkill.