iphone stuff...

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
after reading this article on yahoo (http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/12071) i was so psyched... but then i reread it and i was confused by this part "Cingular EDGE (no 3G service!) for your phone calls.". Does this mean its an exclusive cingular phone? if thats the case im so bummed out... i have a contract with verizon and im very happy with their service and have no intention of switching...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Cingular has an exclusive 2 year deal with Apple. After that, I assume they'll make iPhone available with most other carriers.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    fishafisha Posts: 126member
    what about europe? unless cingular trades under a different name that is common in the UK, then i guess it must come out as a unlocked phone over here ( well in the UK at least )
  • Reply 3 of 9
    tkntkn Posts: 224member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fisha View Post

what about europe? unless cingular trades under a different name that is common in the UK, then i guess it must come out as a unlocked phone over here ( well in the UK at least )

One can only hope, because Cingular really does bite in Brooklyn anyway. I am a bit more disappointed that there was no iChat client, but maybe I can put on a portable version of Adium or something... 3G is the only thing really missing, because at that price everything will probably be 3G around then, plus video iChatting would have been just too hot.

Now it is a real toss up between a BB 8800 and an iPhone...
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Any word on Canadian availability?!?
  • Reply 5 of 9
    mjteixmjteix Posts: 563member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by the cool gut View Post

Any word on Canadian availability?!?

The Apple Canada home page didn't even changed!!!

I'll email them, and I'll get back to you...

next week
  • Reply 6 of 9
    dont laugh i was seriously just gonna ask this question. really i want an iphone. i wanted a new ipod and that didnt come out. the new iphone looks so cool and i dont have singular here.. that kinda makes me mad. They better bring out a new ipod Quick
  • Reply 7 of 9
    skatmanskatman Posts: 609member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TKN View Post

One can only hope, because Cingular really does bite in Brooklyn anyway. I am a bit more disappointed that there was no iChat client, but maybe I can put on a portable version of Adium or something... 3G is the only thing really missing, because at that price everything will probably be 3G around then, plus video iChatting would have been just too hot.

Now it is a real toss up between a BB 8800 and an iPhone...

Built in GPS and a real keyboard are also missing...
  • Reply 8 of 9
    srewopsrewop Posts: 28member
    Is this just a map, or is this GPS?

http://www.apple.com/iphone/technology/wireless.html
  • Reply 9 of 9
    programmerprogrammer Posts: 3,458member
    Yeah, the lack of GPS is a real bummer. Considering how easy & cheap it is to include GPS, this seems like a major oversight -- especially given how they like to go on about having support for the various mapping technologies. If I could get my GPS, cellphone, Blackberry, and iPod in this gizmo... well, I'd be first in line. But the GPS is actually the 2nd in order of priority, and I already have an iPod.