Looking to buy Mac Book Pro

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hi, i'm in the market for a new laptop. I've been looking at the MacBook Pro's and i think they have what i need. I'm a long time PC user so i will be making the big switch . I would wait until Leopard comes out before getting the laptop. Right now i have it narrowed between the two 15 inchers. Here is what i would be using them for.

Video editing- nothing too intense (ski movies)

Photo editing- family photos

Making music- Soundtrack pro

Messaging- AIM, email

Gaming

Battlefield 2

Call of Duty 2

I dont know wheather to get the 2.16 ghz with 128 mb graphics or the 2.33 ghz with 256mb graphics.

Anyone want to help me?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Srewop View Post

Hi, i'm in the market for a new laptop. I've been looking at the MacBook Pro's and i think they have what i need. I'm a long time PC user so i will be making the big switch . I would wait until Leopard comes out before getting the laptop. Right now i have it narrowed between the two 15 inchers. Here is what i would be using them for.

Video editing- nothing too intense (ski movies)

Photo editing- family photos

Making music- Soundtrack pro

Messaging- AIM, email

Gaming

Battlefield 2

Call of Duty 2

I dont know wheather to get the 2.16 ghz with 128 mb graphics or the 2.33 ghz with 256mb graphics.

Anyone want to help me?

i'm also thinking about getting a macbook/macbook pro...just not sure whether to wait for revisions or leopard?

i reckon either of those to macbook pros would fly doing what ur doing. games prob at max settings too.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    I don't know about the games but the MBP was made to do what you're looking to do. I've the entry level model (2.16 ghz C2D) with 2 gbs of RAM. Absolutely awesome. Highly recommend. What apps do you plan on using? Are you going to use iMovie or FCP? iPhoto or PS? If you don't plan on using the pro apps you'll be fine with Macbook and may want to consider it. It also packs a core 2 duo processor. I don't know what kind of pc you currently use but if it is a Pentium box (that's what i had at work) you'll be pleasantly surprised at the performance of core 2.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    I'm currently using a HP m495c Media center desktop. It's 3.2 gHz, 512mb RAM, 256 Radeon 9200 Graphics card and 250gb 7,200 HD.

Also, do you see the MBP's getting faster hard drives? I would really like the 7,200.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    The 17 in MBP can be configured with a 7200 rpm drive. I can't if or when these may make it to the 15 in MBP.