QuickTime Steaming Video Problem

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Whenever I click on a link that has a Quicktime streaming video (Apple online seminars for example), I get the Quicktime Window, and inside, the Quicktime logo and a seeries of dots below it moving left and right (signifying that the system is connecting or something I assume).

This goes on forever and I never get to see the video, irrespective of however long i wait. Once I waited for over an hour just to see if anything happens, nothing!

I am on broadband, so bandwidth is not a problem. I only have this problem with Quicktime.

One thing I should mention is, I go to the Apple movie trailers site often, and have absolutely no problems viewing the trailers on Quicktime, this problem only seems to happen with Apple Online Seminars.

Has anyone come across something like this? Is there something I can try doing to resolve this issue?

Thank You!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jeremiah2man View Post

Whenever I click on a link that has a Quicktime streaming video (Apple online seminars for example), I get the Quicktime Window, and inside, the Quicktime logo and a seeries of dots below it moving left and right (signifying that the system is connecting or something I assume).

This goes on forever and I never get to see the video, irrespective of however long i wait. Once I waited for over an hour just to see if anything happens, nothing!

I am on broadband, so bandwidth is not a problem. I only have this problem with Quicktime.

One thing I should mention is, I go to the Apple movie trailers site often, and have absolutely no problems viewing the trailers on Quicktime, this problem only seems to happen with Apple Online Seminars.

Has anyone come across something like this? Is there something I can try doing to resolve this issue?

Thank You!

You may have to change some settings on your router. Try enabling "public machines connect for undefined services" (or similar) in your router settings.