ABC DID Know about iTV

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by icfireball View Post

On ABC nightly news, the reported said (no exact quote), "Apple will unveil their iTV media center". They did not say "is expected too", they said "will".

Now the question is, what do they know that we don't know... if anything.

ABC has a Nightline special about MWSF with an interview with Steve Jobs. ABC actually DID know what they were talking about.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Quote:

ABC has a Nightline special about MWSF with an interview with Steve Jobs. ABC actually DID know what they were talking about.

Again, isn't ABC owned by Disney? It wouldn't surprise me if they are an accurate source of Apple news.

Sebastian
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:

That interview was recorded today, after the keynote, much like the CNBC appearance.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by audiopollution View Post

That interview was recorded today, after the keynote, much like the CNBC appearance.

Yes, but I doubt the same night's programming was decided based one "what would be released at Macworld?"

Someone knew, and it was probably leaked into the story a few nights before.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:

Yes, but I doubt the same night's programming was decided based one "what would be released at Macworld?"

Someone knew, and it was probably leaked into the story a few nights before.

You may be right, but turn-around time for TV news can be less than a half-hour. I need to see more convincing information to accept your claim.