Lack of iPhone wallpapers

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I'm personally syched to see the iPhone come out, and have been anticipating it for a while now. I'll be one of the first in line on the day they are released.

I went to the site to see if they had any high quality promo pics of it, with no avail.

So I decided to fire up my copy of Photoshop CS2 and make a memorance for today (well yesterday by my time)

Sadly, its uploaded only on DeviantArt right now, I'll work on a seperate upload site if its requested.

If the below picture doesn't show well, visit the URL below to view it on a smaller scale (made 1680 x 1050, my Macbook Pro's size)

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/46335714/

Thats my final draft of my concept. It is completely from scratch except for the actual pictures of the iPhone. Screen on the larger iPhone was made from scratch as well.

I also am taking requests (for now) for personalizations of it, as the below example will show for my very colorful girlfriend.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/46343976/

Tell me what you guys think If you view, please either post on here what you think or leave a comment on DeviantArt (if you have an account) so I can know what I need to improve on it.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Please post a comment here so I know whos viewing. I know a bunch of people are viewing, but no one is commenting or posting. I'm trying to make this the best piece ever before I attempt to submit it to Apple.

Ignore above.

EDIT: I went ahead and embedded it to fix any confusion of the title. This is a desktop wallpaper Not a wallpaper for the iPhone.

If you use the wallpaper or download it please tell me too, I'd like to know if its actually being used by someone besides me

Thanks again guys
  • Reply 2 of 9
    icibaquicibaqu Posts: 278member
    you are posting about a lack of wallpapers for a product that is 6 months away from release and of which, so far as we know, only 3 are available for viewing, and not fully loaded?

that's an impressive level of anticipation.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Heck yeah. I've waited 3 years for this thing. Also, when they announced previous products, they had better pictures on display on the website, and the current selection is a bit lack luster in my mind. Yeah, its a 6 month in advance announcement, but they've represented they previous products a bit better then this one, so I went ahead and started one. Plus I wanted a wallpaper now

Its not so much a 'lack of wallpapers' as a lack of hi-quality pictures of the iphone, so I made a collage and ended up posting it, getting great feedback from friends and my girlfriend, so its made its way online. I'm posting it here to get artisic feedback on it on what people think will make it look more apple-esque of an 'ad' because I intend on sending the final to Apple to see what they think.

And I wanna set the bar
  • Reply 4 of 9
    willrobwillrob Posts: 203member
    I like it.

By the way, folks, this is meant to be a desktop backdrop for your computer's display, not for the phone itself.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by willrob View Post

I like it.

By the way, folks, this is meant to be a desktop backdrop for your computer's display, not for the phone itself.

Yeah, I tried to edit the title and no go

To clerify, Willrob is correct, this is for your desktop, not for the iPhone, which, as stated by icibaqu, isn't available for 6 more months. But boy am I waiting for it
  • Reply 6 of 9
    More Wallpapers for the iPhone (or your current phone ) on my new site at: iphonelive.org, also ringtone!...

Enjoy
  • Reply 7 of 9
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Hi, very good work, just one suggestion, the reflection needs to be directly *under* the main phone, normally you can't reflect it below the text, it looks somewhat "off"... 8)
  • Reply 8 of 9
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Although I "get" why you might have reflected that way, the iPhone is like "floating"...
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tank6b View Post

More Wallpapers for the iPhone (or your current phone ) on my new site at: iphonelive.org, also ringtone!...

Enjoy

Please don't advertise on my thread, let alone your advertising something different then this thread is about... This is about an artwork, not plugging your site.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman

Hi, very good work, just one suggestion, the reflection needs to be directly *under* the main phone, normally you can't reflect it below the text, it looks somewhat "off"...

Thanks much! Just what I was looking for. I was thinking about that and yes, your right I was lookin at the floating look but I think i'm going to make the reflection directly under it and have the text be on top of the phone... Thanks!