RealOne Player SuperPass for OS X

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Real has introduced a new beta version of its RealOne Player that includes the SuperPass subscription for premium content. The "deal" is a 14-day free trial before the $9.95 monthly fee kicks in.

So far I am decidedly underwhelmed. It has crashed Explorer repeatedly and fails to launch several radio stations (man, I miss KPIG's free stream on iTunes). Plus, Real's web site is so confusing and poorly organized that it's impossible to figure out the difference between all of their various products and services. (This is complicated by the fact that, in some cases, they seem to have multiple names for the same thing!) If anyone can make any sense of what Real has to offer, please let me know.

I've already set an iCal reminder to cancel my subscription before Real's trial expires...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    kelibkelib Posts: 740member
    I've only used the Beta1 and was pretty impressed actually. Thing is though that I don't need RealPlayer anymore. Sadly I need Windows Media Player and that's a complete disaster. It looks awful with their own implementation of the horrible vertical Aqua stripes, it wont minimize when 2*clicking the app. title bar and it doesn't work when clicking on links!!!
  • Reply 2 of 3
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    notice how news.com gave the quote to all the companies mentioned except apple? they do that often, and man does that piss me off, i mean i dont really want to be seeing how bad apple is doing, but still, they seem biased sometimes
  • Reply 3 of 3
    [quote]Originally posted by kelib:

<strong>I've only used the Beta1 and was pretty impressed actually. </strong><hr></blockquote>

I agree; the player itself works fine. It's the subscription content that seems to be a mess. GoldPass, SuperPass, RadioPass, OnePass--what the hell is the difference between all of these?

It might be easier to find out if real.com's web site didn't keep crashing IE....

[ 10-08-2002: Message edited by: PestoBreath ]</p>