iPhone battery...

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
phone seems pretty cool from what info we have now...although there seems to be a lot that hasnt been said (eg. what processor, t-mobile functionality, locked/unlocked...). one question i have is a practical one for business users or others who have to be on the phone a lot. most high end phones have a replaceable battery rather than just the ability to recharge it so that if you need more than the 5 hours of talk time you can just swap batteries and keep going..without needing to plug it in. perhaps i just didnt see it right but it does not look like the phone has a removable battery. or an easily accessible sim card slot for that matter. wont these issues be drawbacks for power users? does apple expect us to just carry power cords with us and hope we can find an outlet if we talk more than 5 hours?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    The SIM slot was right on the top. I wish I could find the different views of it. It was shown in the keynote. Seems pretty accessible.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    i bet the removable battery pack slot is the black portion on the back of the phone... why else would that be different on the back?
  • Reply 3 of 10
    ya i think the battery will be removable..keynote showed were the SIM card went, and it looked like it was under the back casing, i think that casing is removable and the sim is in there as well as a battery..hopefully...i hope itll be something like the tmobile Dash
  • Reply 4 of 10
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ebaydan777 View Post

.....keynote showed were the SIM card went, and it looked like it was under the back casing...

No. At approx. 12:51 of the iPhone introduction keynote (not the entire keynote), he showed the sim "tray" at the top.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    How is charging handled? I know you can charge while docked to a USB port, but is there also an ac/dc charger port?
  • Reply 6 of 10
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Well, since it apparently has an iPod dock connector on the bottom, I would expect that most iPod charging accessories would work with it.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    It doesn't look like it has a removeable battery. That was the trade-off for slimness.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post

No. At approx. 12:51 of the iPhone introduction keynote (not the entire keynote), he showed the sim "tray" at the top.

what tray...have u not seen the back of the phone, it just looks like an ipod flat and all that, but if u notice the bottom of the phone is black while the rest is grey/silver (which i beleive wil also change before release) looks removable to me, looks like thats where u put the SIM card and may be able to remove the battery as well
  • Reply 9 of 10
    The SIM card slot, as shown in the keynote, is at the top. Because the back of the phone is brushed aluminium the black plastic part at the bottom is for the antenna so as to have a good signal.

As has been stated by Apple in interviews, there is no removable battery. This is one way they got the phone so small.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    Anyone know why a standby time hasnt been quoted yet