Question about iPhone and Tethering Internet to laptop

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I have a Cingular plan now and am paying $19.99/mo for EDGE. I use it with bluetooth and tether it to my laptop. I like this feature and obviously with the iPhone a lot can be done on it but at times it's nice to be able to connect to a laptop and use full size web browsing. I know some bluetooth phones are limited with tethering. Does anyone know if the iphone will have tethering?

The data plans for Cingular seems confusing. I got by with the $19.99 plan but have heard others have to pay far more and often it's just by who you talk to and how the plan is worded. My one big disappointment is it doesn't have HSDPA/UTMS. I wish it did and I know Steve mentioned the possibiltity of 3G. I could wait out for it but with a cell phone that I should have replaced months ago I can't see waiting later than June. I'll just upgrade as soon as it's out but I look forward to HSDPA down the line as well as the possibility of Wi-Max. I'd like to think a card can be added to the phone but I assume this would require more than that or an upgrade, a completely new phone. I just hope they have a reasonable upgrade plan.