Jobs loses Court of Appeal ruling, cannot demolish Jackling House

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Amidst all the celebration surrounding Apple's recent product announcements, I hope you'll allow me to present a counter-perspective.

Today, the State Court of Appeals just upheld a Superior Court ruling saying that Mr. Jobs cannot tear down historic Jackling House to build his dream house. It would be nice if Mr. Jobs stopped litigating this issue to death (he has the right to appeal to the State Supreme Court, but a unanimous decision seems appeal-proof) and got down to serious negotiations with the three individuals who've made proposals to save the house--something he refused to do until his appeal was decided.

One can admire his business acumen, his innovative technical mind, his marketing genius, while still wondering why he couldn't have sat down & negotiated a reasonable resolution of this matter short of litigation. One continues to hope that he might see reason.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by richards1052 View Post

Amidst all the celebration surrounding Apple's recent product announcements, I hope you'll allow me to present a counter-perspective.

Today, the State Court of Appeals just upheld a Superior Court ruling saying that Mr. Jobs cannot tear down historic Jackling House to build his dream house. It would be nice if Mr. Jobs stopped litigating this issue to death (he has the right to appeal to the State Supreme Court, but a unanimous decision seems appeal-proof) and got down to serious negotiations with the three individuals who've made proposals to save the house--something he refused to do until his appeal was decided.

One can admire his business acumen, his innovative technical mind, his marketing genius, while still wondering why he couldn't have sat down & negotiated a reasonable resolution of this matter short of litigation. One continues to hope that he might see reason.

Because the Court is not Superior and probably uses Windows.

Windows users are known for being closed minded... -_-

Sebastian