iPhone Complete Product Line Speculations

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
There as some of you out there who have a knack for speculating quite well as to future product pricing & specifications, so let's have at it.

- list all future phones with feature breakdown

- speculate on the price & monthly service cost (standard + data package)

- when will these products ship

I'm really excited about the iPhone, but will almost certainly (after much thought) not purchase the $499/$599 models as I wouldn't be able to afford the monthly data package (email, web, etc). Essentially all I want is a phone with phone capabilities, music, calendar/alarms, notes, texting, etc (simple stuff). Of course I want touch screen though. Albeit my thoughts now indicate that perhaps the present June release iPhone WOULD be right for me... I just wouldn't need a data package. Crap. $500 is pricey, but I would like to hear about your speculations as to future phone models/features/pricing.

Thanks. I look forward to your thoughts.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Slightly thicker than iPod nano for longer battery life. Aluminum rounded encasing:

Multitouch Widescreen, covering full length of Nano

Similar Interface as iPhone.

Includes same phone features

Music/Photo interface same as iPhone, possibly video, though unlikely

No Safari, Mail, Maps, or Email, but Widgets like Calculator/Notes

1.3 or 2 MP Video Camera

iChat Mobile with AIM and SMS

2 GB $249

4 GB$349
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by arindlaub View Post

Slightly thicker than iPod nano for longer battery life. Aluminum rounded encasing:

Multitouch Widescreen, covering full length of Nano

Similar Interface as iPhone.

Includes same phone features

Music/Photo interface same as iPhone, possibly video, though unlikely

No Safari, Mail, Maps, or Email, but Widgets like Calculator/Notes

1.3 or 2 MP Video Camera

iChat Mobile with AIM and SMS

2 GB $249

4 GB$349

I agree except for the iChat Mobile. I don't see multitouch in a Nano sized screen capable of text entry. Actually, it wouldn't have multitouch at all, just single point touchscreen. The SMS app would bring up a T9 screen for text entry, so you would have to enter text like on a normal phone. However, the innovation is that when you hit one of the buttons 1-9, a menu pops up instantly with all of the letter/number/special character possibilities for that key, you scroll to the right one with your finger and release.

Also it won't have the full iPod interface. No accelerometer for flipping the device sideways, so no coverflow view. It should be able to play video, however (which would play in landscape via a button you press). The videos you take with the camera will automatically get loaded into the iPod video section, and any video without DRM you can send with MMS. Also, an extra 2GB shouldn't garner $100 difference. Like on the Nano, the price increase from 2 to 4 GB is 50$ It would keep the proximity sensor, but no ambient light sensor to save space. Keep the speaker phone. Slightly wider than a Nano.

2GB= $299

4GB= $349
  • Reply 3 of 5
    What about on the low end a SMS/texting only device with GPS and no phone function? That way, kids could text their friends and find out if they were in the same area... Cheap, cheap, cheap.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by psilopsyche View Post

- list all future phones with feature breakdown

is that ALL? why dont you ask us to predict the weather in 2012 at 8.15pm on monday April 20th?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    dentondenton Posts: 725member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Trendannoyer View Post

is that ALL? why dont you ask us to predict the weather in 2012 at 8.15pm on monday April 20th?

It will rain in Vancouver; and I will be elsewhere!