Qestions about the Mac Pro

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
if i bought the mac pro with only one disk drive will there still be a slot for the second one for later. like lets say i want to put in an apple compatable blu ray someday could i do this or would i need to have bought the two and then take one of them out.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by polarissucks View Post

if i bought the mac pro with only one disk drive will there still be a slot for the second one for later. like lets say i want to put in an apple compatable blu ray someday could i do this or would i need to have bought the two and then take one of them out.

Slot is still there (I only have one drive) but I never bothered to look if there are rails or whatever in there. Even if not, shouldn't be a big deal. The only caveat for later drives is you need to remove the flip plate things on some drives.

If you don't get an answer I'll open mine monday and look.

Vinea
  • Reply 2 of 4
    hey thanks for the help its much appreciated so if i dont find on on monday i will tell you ok.. thanks alot 8)
  • Reply 3 of 4
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by polarissucks View Post

The second slot is functional on all Mac Pros. It's a standard optical drive bay, any drive should work, but as noted, you might need to remove the front lip of the disc tray. A second optical drive will work. It has an an unused power and P-ATA / IDE connector too.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    okay thanks for the help