mac pro vs iMac 24"

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
i know everyone is sick of these threads but mine situation is a bit different (maybe i dunno) i am looking from going from a pc to an apple. The thing is that i have a monitor (19" inch dell) that i can use with my new apple till i want to go out and buy that 30 inch dell or apple. I was wondering if i should get the iMac or the pro. I will be doing no graphics, video rendering or anything big and heavy like that... BUT i will be wanting to play some of those bigger games with bootcamp like UT 2007 or Elder scrolls. or Call Of Duty 2. And i mean i am sure for a while the iMacs graphics card would be fine but in about a year i would be in the same boat as now not being able to play good new games. So for this reason should i get the mac pro. other stuff i will be doing is just using the internet, doing homework (essays,powerpoints) Thanks in advance if anyone replies if not well no thanks then.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    gongon Posts: 2,437member
    Get a Mac mini. That'll serve you for everything besides gaming. For gaming, use the Windows PC. Get a nice display with multiple inputs so you can hook both up at the same time.

Seriously, as things stand, playing new games on Mac with Boot Camp costs way more and provides worse experience than just having a separate Windows PC for that.