iPhone.....Powered by Samsung

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
http://www.informationweek.com/news/...on=All+Stories

Seems like Samsung is getting into ALMOST the entire iPod lineups. The above article even mentions that the next video iPod may be powered by Samsung as well. Interesting.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Concept123 View Post

http://www.informationweek.com/news/...on=All+Stories

Seems like Samsung is getting into ALMOST the entire iPod lineups. The above article even mentions that the next video iPod may be powered by Samsung as well. Interesting.

That's cool! I just hope the next video iPod is NOT also powered by Cingular
  • Reply 2 of 4
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Macvault View Post

That's cool! I just hope the next video iPod is NOT also powered by Cingular

Why so evil / angry??

No matter which carrier Apple chose the 'other 2/3rds' of the cell phone using people in the US woulda been pissed... Seeing that they US is pretty much evenly carved up between the major 3 providers they did the smart thing and chose the provider that would be willing to make the necessary changes to their cellular network and at the same time have the 'largest' share of the US market, even if the margin is a pretty slim margin one...

Let go of the hate...

Dave
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaveGee View Post

Why so evil / angry??

No matter which carrier Apple chose the 'other 2/3rds' of the cell phone using people in the US woulda been pissed... Seeing that they US is pretty much evenly carved up between the major 3 providers they did the smart thing and chose the provider that would be willing to make the necessary changes to their cellular network and at the same time have the 'largest' share of the US market, even if the margin is a pretty slim margin one...

Let go of the hate...

Dave

Apple should NOT have CHOSE any carrier. Let me buy an iPhone, and then LET ME decide WTF I want to do with it. Maybe I want it for all it's features except for cell service. Apple should have done this in more of an "Apple" way and let the user decide. Oh wait, Apple's moving more and more away from that in recent months/years.

Apple and the iPhone should have been used to force a revolution upon the cellphone policy in the USA making carriers do away with "contracts". Do I need a yearly contract when I order land line service from my local telco? NO. Why should I when ordering cell service? I absolutely refuse to be bound by those contracts!
  • Reply 4 of 4
    >_>>_> Posts: 336member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaveGee View Post

Why so evil / angry??

Let go of the hate...

Dave

They could have kept the visual voice-mail cingular-exclusive, and left the phone open to any network. \

- Xidius