iWork '07: any new ideas as to when?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Just curious if there is any new scuttlebutt about when iWork '07 will be released. I had assumed it would have been announced at MacWorld, but alas, the iPhone took all the thunder. Will it be out before Leopard?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    I think it's widely assumed that there will be a special media event sometime in February to announce iLife and iWork '07, updated Mac minis and/or iMacs, and maybe even quad core Mac Pros. The final look at Mac OS X Leopard could also be at that event with an announced shipping date (possibly that day).

If I were a bettin' man, I'd say the event would come on Tuesday, Feb. 27.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CosmoNut View Post

I think it's widely assumed that there will be a special media event sometime in February to announce iLife and iWork '07, updated Mac minis and/or iMacs, and maybe even quad core Mac Pros. The final look at Mac OS X Leopard could also be at that event with an announced shipping date (possibly that day).

If I were a bettin' man, I'd say the event would come on Tuesday, Feb. 27.

February... Leopard

I can only hope

Sebastian
  • Reply 3 of 11
    Maybe Apple will pull a Microsoft, and only update iLife and iWork every 3-5 years.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    Why don't you just wait for Mac OS X Leopard I'm sure iWork 07 will be in there.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iMaciForums View Post

Why don't you just wait for Mac OS X Leopard I'm sure iWork 07 will be in there.

I still say not likely, but I'm 51-49 on this these days just because I'm still completely stunned by what happened at Macworld.

Sebastian
  • Reply 6 of 11
    I'd also say we haven't seen iLife or iWork updates because iLife atleast, will become a part of Leopard. I'm sure it will still be offered seperatly for those who don't want to upgrade, but it won't be released up Leopard is.

I'm typing this from a PC running Vista, and Vista has a iPhoto-esque program built in, as well as a movie making program. I wouldn't think Apple would allow Microsoft to leverage this against them... not after all the commercials of late...
  • Reply 7 of 11
    4metta4metta Posts: 365member
    I'm in a bind cause I'm getting a Macbook now for college and need iWork. I'll be paying $50 more (student) just cause I'm not waiting for Leopard. Drat! \
  • Reply 8 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 4metta View Post

I'm in a bind cause I'm getting a Macbook now for college and need iWork. I'll be paying $50 more (student) just cause I'm not waiting for Leopard. Drat! \

iWork '06 is still a good package. Mac OS X Tiger is still a good OS. Buy now, let bugs get worked out this spring and update before the next school year with your hard-earned summer job money.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    4metta4metta Posts: 365member
    Thanks that's what I did. Ordered my Macbook yesterday. Stoked!!!
  • Reply 10 of 11
    Congratulations!
  • Reply 11 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slewis View Post

February... Leopard

I can only hope

Not a chance.