Helmet cam set up with video ipod???

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hey all,

I don't have a video ipod...but I was planning to get one.

I also am planning to shoot some video blogs with a camera mounted on my motorcycle helmet. I wanted a recording device to capture the video clips. Simple mpeg4 clips to post on youtube and the web.

My question being...is current video ipod capable of hooking a camera up to to record video clips? I figured I'd ask here since I am not near an apple store.

Thanks.

I hope the video ipod can do this. If not, I hope the next "true" video ipod has this capability.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    reganregan Posts: 474member
    Does anyone know if there is a way to hook up a video/mpeg4 camera to an ipod to record video clips?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    As far as I know, this isn't possible. There's no add-on accessory which will allow the iPod to do this.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    just get one of these and a nice sized memory card. its pretty amazing quality (for its size) with sound. also comes with every single kind of way to attach it to you or something else:

http://www2.oregonscientific.com/sho...cid=14&pid=709

its perfect for web video. also, i remember seeing some really good quality motorcycle video from someone wearing one.

$129. Can't beat it. Even water resistant to 10m or something like that.

plugs right into your mac, no problems.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    I guess if you were really really smart you could hook up a usb cam to iPod and hope that someone on the iPodLinux project could help you (and probably a hell of a lot of people) by writing some drivers for the iPodLinux port.

Just my 2 cents. Very Very hard to become a reality, but possible none the less