Photoshop

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I think this might be a stupid question, but here goes. I'm getting a mac book pro and currently have a pc and windows photoshop cs2. I was wondering if it's possible to use windows photoshop on the macbook pro?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    The Windows version of Photoshop is for Windows. To run it on your Mac, you have to install Windows on your Mac. You may do this either via Apple's Boot Camp or through Parallels Workstation.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    guarthoguartho Posts: 1,208member
    I don't know if the deal is cross-platform or not, but CS2 owners are eligible to download the beta of CS3. I don't remember the details, but I think I entered my CS2 serial number to activate it. It's worth asking Adobe about. It'll be disabled once CS3 actually comes out though. You'll have to fork over for the upgrade at that point.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guartho View Post

I don't know if the deal is cross-platform or not, but CS2 owners are eligible to download the beta of CS3. I don't remember the details, but I think I entered my CS2 serial number to activate it. It's worth asking Adobe about. It'll be disabled once CS3 actually comes out though. You'll have to fork over for the upgrade at that point.

According to Adobe, you can now download a cross-platform beta of Photoshop CS3. If you don't want to go the beta route, then you can also call Adobe and give them your serial number for Photoshop and request a cross-grade. You will have to call customer service to do this and I think you have to destroy your windows version of Photoshop after you receive the Mac version.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    If you pay them the cost of shipping new CDs to you, and send them a letter declaring that you will destroy your windows photoshop cds, Adobe will send you Mac discs.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    thanks
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rminkler View Post

If you pay them the cost of shipping new CDs to you, and send them a letter declaring that you will destroy your windows photoshop cds, Adobe will send you Mac discs.

Do I note a hint of sarcasm, or is this in fact true?
  • Reply 7 of 8
    As far as I know that is the truth.

I have not done it myself, but that's what the moderators on the Adobe forums stated in response to a question from a user.

There is also some talk of allowing upgrades from one platform to another without requiring the old version to be destroyed. For example, upgrading from CS2 on a PC to CS3 on a Mac for the same price as if you upgraded the PC. But that is just talk right now as far as I know.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by donebylee View Post

As far as I know that is the truth.

I have not done it myself, but that's what the moderators on the Adobe forums stated in response to a question from a user.

There is also some talk of allowing upgrades from one platform to another without requiring the old version to be destroyed. For example, upgrading from CS2 on a PC to CS3 on a Mac for the same price as if you upgraded the PC. But that is just talk right now as far as I know.

Oh wow. That's really interesting. \