Can I sync "Least-Recent" unplayed podcast?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I've subscribed to a few of the class podcasts offered by UC Santa Barbara. The problem is, the classes are over, and I want to start at the beginning of the semester, so to sync by "most recent" unplayed would mean I would get them synced backward. make sense?

Obviously I can just do it myself, but I'm hoping there's a way to automate it.

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    dmberdmber Posts: 204member
    now my podcast syncing doesn't work at all. i have every podcast marked as played. i go to "sync 1 most recent unplayed episode" and it syncs all of them.

then i change it so one episode is unplayed, and i keep the sync the same. i go to update and it doesn't update anything.

DUH.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    I'll be very interested in any replies. I posted a question in Genius Bar about a problem that I'm having synching ANY podcasts. Got no response. Maybe I should have posted here. \
  • Reply 3 of 7
    areseearesee Posts: 776member
    I am assuming that by "unplayed' you mean that you started each podcast but did not finish them. Thus your Play Count is blank or zero. If so, create a Smart Playlist with the podcast as Albumn and Play Count Is Zero. Than sort by Date Added.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    actually i right-clicked on the podcast and clicked "mark as unplayed."

how do i tell my ipod which shows to grab from the smart playlist? why doesn't the normal syncing work?
  • Reply 5 of 7
    I have a Nano and thus a space problem. My sync settings are:

Music: Sync selected playlists. With my Zero Count Smart Playlist checked.

Podcast: Sync all unplayed episodes of selected podcasts. With my podcast checked.

Now both unplayed and unfinished podcasts will be loaded onto the iPod. You can play them from either the Podcast menu or the Playlist menu. With the Playlist menu the iPod will automatically start playing the next podcast when the first one finishes. With the Podcast menu the iPod will stop at the end of the podcast.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    i have a nano as well. i'm (slowly) listening to 4 courses from UC Berkley's class podcasts. right now, i have 133 unplayed podcasts. if i even try to sync all the unplayed episodes from just one of the podcasts there isn't enough room on my two gig nano.

this is why i want to "least recent" because the semester i'm listening to is last fall, so all the classes are over. but, if i do "most recent" it will start with the last class of the semester and go backward.

does that make sense?
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Ok, assuming that courses were downloaded in the proper order try editing your Smart Playlist to limit the Smart Playlist to 'xGB' selected by 'least recently added'. If they were not downloaded in the proper order what about the title? You can also select by title.