Wireless Hook-up To Printer

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Recently purchased a Mac IBook Pro and the Cannon PIXMA M600 printer. I have a wireless set-up. My laptop recognizes the printer but will not execute a command to print. I'm a "cross over" from PC and have not gotten any answers from Apple's help people when I call. Can someone please clue me in?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by edrofo View Post

Recently purchased a Mac IBook Pro and the Cannon PIXMA M600 printer. I have a wireless set-up. My laptop recognizes the printer but will not execute a command to print. I'm a "cross over" from PC and have not gotten any answers from Apple's help people when I call. Can someone please clue me in?

Make sure it's set as the default printer (use the print center app). Also, make sure the software for it is up-to-date. I've had to reinstall printer drivers on my Mac, whether or not they tell you that you don't have to. What application are you printing from? Is the print center indicating any kind of status issue? What exactly does it say?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Make sure it's set as the default printer (use the print center app). Also, make sure the software for it is up-to-date. I've had to reinstall printer drivers on my Mac, whether or not they tell you that you don't have to. What application are you printing from? Is the print center indicating any kind of status issue? What exactly does it say?

Thanks, I'll give your suggestion a try. The problem is tring to print from any application, email, word, internet, etc. There is no message in the print center. The command simply doesn't execute.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Reinstalled drivers, problem persists. Here is some added info. At the command to "print", a box comes up stating "printing" and then quickly changes to this message,

"NT__STATUS__ACCESS__DENIED", which in a couple of seconds changes to this message, "Unable to connect to SAMBA host, will try in 60 seconds" followed by the message, "Error:Connection failed with error". Does this shed any more light for you?

Thanks for helping!
  • Reply 4 of 5
    weird.. are you sharing the printer from a windows machine or something? Or is it just hooked up with a USB cable?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Yes, my iMac does share the printer with a WindowsXP platform PC which is also wireless and transmits with the printer just fine. Also, when I attach the iMac to the printer via USB cable everything works fine. The problem is when iMac is wirelessly connected to the printer. The iMac in wireless mode recognizes the printer but the printer does not execute a command from the iMac to print.