Ever Quest

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Everquest is coming out for OS X but one of my friends said that this game can't be downloaded and you can't steal it and play without paying for it. Not that i want to steal it but I was jw is it really not possible, the only program i know of that can't be cracked and used is hotline. Can anyone check out with PC friends, because i find this hard to believe.

So any help?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Of course this is possible.

The game is played online, right?

All the makers have to do is require a serial number check when you sign on. If that same number is online or it appears that the number is being widely used as a pirated number, they can block you out of the system. Blizzard does this with its Battle.net games. id also has a serial check when you connect to a server that makes sure no other users have the same serial.

[ 10-23-2002: Message edited by: Brad ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 5
    rogue27rogue27 Posts: 607member
    You have to pay a monthly fee to play the game anyway...
  • Reply 3 of 5
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    As mentioned by other posters this is an online *AND ONLY* online game which is played only on Sony/Verant's servers. You need to register with a valid account key which comes with the purchase of the software. There is no real way to hack it. I used to play it quite a lot. It's a huge time sink but enjoyable as long as you have gobs of time you don't mind losing.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    bellebelle Posts: 1,574member
    [quote]Originally posted by Bancho:

<strong>It's a huge time sink but enjoyable as long as you have gobs of time you don't mind losing.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Shouldn't be a problem. Aren't all online RPGers losers anyway?

I have to say that <a href="http://www.puzzlepirates.com"; target="_blank">this</a> looks like it might be fun, though.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    i know something else that uses the inet to chk serials, formerly amf, and more recently WebGrazer. Since they know u only can use it online, they check their online servers against ur reg numbers.